Brewers
    Reds
    Cardinals
    GAP
    Pirates
    GAP
    Cubs
    Astros

Thats our division. Take it for what its worth.
    Agreed.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Keith Law (Organizational Rankings) Reds ranked 26th

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Alonso having a small track record of 150 PA doesn't matter really. These guys know what he is capable of. He isn't a high school kid without a track record. He is an ACC College Baseball player without a long pro track record. Big difference.

Still, its funny how far things range in terms of where they rank. I have seen them as high as 12 and as low as 26. Thats a HUGE disparity that simply shouldn't happen.
    From the rankings:

I considered the entire list of prospects in each system in ranking the organizations, but I gave much more weight to top prospects, particularly high-impact prospects, than to organizational depth in average to fringe-average prospects. I also considered how much major league value each organization is likely to produce over the next few years; Boston had a number of very promising, high-upside prospects in short-season leagues this past year, but even in a best-case scenario, that group of players will not produce any major league value before 2012. So a system with high-impact prospects who are relatively close to the majors ranks high, even if the system lacks depth in second- and third-tier prospects.
    This should alleviate some of the concerns of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    From the rankings:

This should alleviate some of the concerns of this board.
    RU Keith Law??...LOL!!

There's no doubt in my mind that nearly everyone that posts on this board knows more about baseball than Keith Law.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    There's no doubt in my mind that nearly everyone that posts on this board knows more about baseball than Keith Law.
    Wow.

Wow.
    Yeah, wow. He's awful. I don't see how any Reds fan can like him. I mean, Aaron Harang is at best a #4 starter? That is hilarious.

Yeah, wow. He's awful. I don't see how any Reds fan can like him. I mean, Aaron Harang is at best a #4 starter? That is hilarious.
    Do you have in what context that was said?

I read somewhere (thanks Google) that he said that Harang would be a #3 or #4 in the AL.
    Last edited by edabbs44; 01-21-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Do you have in what context that was said?
    No, but I remember him saying it. There was a thread on here about it. The guy is a tool.

Recently, one of ESPN's top analysts, Keith Law, suggested that if Reds ace Aaron Harang was in the American league he would be nothing more than a #4 starter. His argument is based on Harang's numbers being inflated due to him pitching in the weakest division in baseball. This entire point is of course contradictory to tons of statistical evidence.

http://reds-hawks.blogspot.com/

Have you been over to the Sun Deck recently?

We're deserving of a much better rating than this. We still have plenty of prospects, such as Stubbs, Devin M., and Alonso. We also have some of the less-developed players like Frazier and Soto. We deserve top 20, and probably top 15.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Recently, one of ESPN's top analysts, Keith Law, suggested that if Reds ace Aaron Harang was in the American league he would be nothing more than a #4 starter. His argument is based on Harang's numbers being inflated due to him pitching in the weakest division in baseball. This entire point is of course contradictory to tons of statistical evidence.

http://reds-hawks.blogspot.com/
    Hey OBM, want to know something funny? That is MY blog, that I wrote on a few years ago, and I actually traded a few emails with Keith Law about this very subject (and he even registered an account here that he almost began posting with but thought a huge can of worms would open up), to the point where he conceded that he was being hyperbolic. I knew that all along, but I just wanted him to admit it . He had a few decent points, but all he could come up with were maybe 2-3 teams that were close enough to being arguably having 3 better pitchers than Harang.

In the end, his point became "on the elite pitching staffs in the American League, Harang is nothing more than a #3/4 pitcher." After that he told me I should start a blog, which I did for a few days, before a fantasy hockey site liked my work and decided to pay me to write such articles.

Anyways, thought you'd appreciate that little story. Never thought I'd ever see that blog again, thanks for bringing it back haha.

No, but I remember him saying it. There was a thread on here about it. The guy is a tool.
    Evan (Washington, DC): Glen (Chicago) I think meant Aaron Harang.

Keith Law: That's too bad. Harnag sounded like a good partner for the Kerrek. Anyway, Harang's not an ace, just a good innings-eater, would be a 3/4 on a contending club.

I opened up the home page, scrolled down to the minor league forum, and saw Keith Law (Organizational...

I literally said out loud...Oh God
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

That is still a stupid comment, IMO. Harang is at worst a good #2 starting pitching on a championship caliber team. Guys who routinely throw 210+ IP of above average ball don't grow on trees.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-21-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Hey OBM, want to know something funny? That is MY blog, that I wrote on a few years ago, and I actually traded a few emails with Keith Law about this very subject (and he even registered an account here that he almost began posting with but thought a huge can of worms would open up), to the point where he conceded that he was being hyperbolic. I knew that all along, but I just wanted him to admit it . He had a few decent points, but all he could come up with were maybe 2-3 teams that were close enough to being arguably having 3 better pitchers than Harang.

In the end, his point became "on the elite pitching staffs in the American League, Harang is nothing more than a #3/4 pitcher." After that he told me I should start a blog, which I did for a few days, before a fantasy hockey site liked my work and decided to pay me to write such articles.

Anyways, thought you'd appreciate that little story. Never thought I'd ever see that blog again, thanks for bringing it back haha.
    Cool story. All I did was type in "Keith Law Aaron Harang #4 starter" and that blog popped up on the top of the second page.

Turn Off Ads?