Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keith Law Top 100 (2 Reds)

Re: Keith Law Top 100 (2 Reds)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Stubbs has that kind of speed.
    I second doug, if there is one thing about Stubbs game that can not be argued, it is his speed. That dude can fly. Wily Taveras may be a half step faster, but we are talking freaking fast. I saw him run down a line drive in Dayton, that I just assumed was going to go for a double. There can't be more than a handful of players that could have made that play. The man has serious speed.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Stubbs can develop i'm really excited about the future of our outfield, especially with speed/defense with Bruce, Dickerson, Taveras and Stubbs. Speed is one of my favorite characteristics in a player..I can't wait!
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Michael Inoa, a 16? year old pitcher who has yet to throw a professional pitch, is ranked at 53 where the top hitters Duran and Yorman aren't anywhere to be found?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Michael Inoa, a 16? year old pitcher who has yet to throw a professional pitch, is ranked at 53 where the top hitters Duran and Yorman aren't anywhere to be found?
    He did get as much money as they both did combined. The Reds offered him 5 million. He turned us down and signed for less.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He did get as much money as they both did combined. The Reds offered him 5 million. He turned us down and signed for less.
    What does that say about the Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    That they aren't as good at developing pitchers as Oakland is, most organizations are in the same boat as Cincinnati on this issue.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Nothing. The A's have a pitcher friendly ballpark and a nice track record of developing pitchers.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 01-25-2009 at 10:48 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Who are some prospects that might jump on the scene this year will big time numbers? Any Longoria's, Uptons, Soto's....etc.
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds View Post
    Who are some prospects that might jump on the scene this year will big time numbers? Any Longoria's, Uptons, Soto's....etc.
    Matt Wieters is the biggest guy to keep an eye on. I don't think he is in the big's to start with, but he is the #1 prospect in baseball right now and just put up stupid numbers last season as a catcher
    Code:
    Year	Age	 	Team	PA	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	AVG	OBP	SLG	OPS
    2008	22	A+	Fred.	280	229	48	79	8	0	15	40	44	47	.345	.446	.576	1022
    2008	22	AA	Bowie	250	208	41	76	14	2	12	51	38	29	.365	.460	.625	1085
    Extended Statistics
    Year	Age		Team	PA	AB	ISOP	BB%	K%	BABIP	GB%	LD%	RC	RC/27	wOBA
    2008	22	A+	Fred.	280	229	.231	15.7%	16.8%	.383	51%	16%			.426
    2008	22	AA	Bowie	250	208	.260	15.2%	11.6%	.383	44%	18%			.452
    I expect him to be in Baltimore by June though and don't expect him to look back.

Travis Snider is a guy who could get off to a hot start in Toronto, but he just doesn't make enough contact right now to put up Longoria or Soto type numbers just yet. He has some good power in his bat though, so if he has a hot April with lots of power it shouldn't surprise anyone. Just keep an eye on his K%.

On the mound David Price is obviously at the top of the list. Watch for the combo of Trevor Cahill and Brett Anderson of the A's in the second half of the season. Both should start in AA, but have been quite advanced so far and have been groundball machines with great K rates. Chris Tillman, if healthy, could break into Baltimores rotation sometime before midseason as well, but I wouldn't expect him to burst onto the scene due to the division.

Watch out for Jason Heyward in the lower minors. He's got a chance to explode and put up some big numbers.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?