Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball Leagues

Re: Fantasy Baseball Leagues

I am willing to commish...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll join a Redszone yahoo league if someone creates one.

I think the first thing we have to do is find out what everyone wants to play (or is open to playing). I've only done 5x5 but I've noticed a few people don't want to deal with steals so I'm open to participating in a league like that although I wouldn't prefer it. A dynasty/keeper league has alot of appeal to me maybe even with a few minor league rounds. So what does eveyone else prefer in a league setup?

By the way, I'm not positive but I think yahoo had a feature last year that allowed a team to have two owners. Their fantasy baseball isn't up yet so I don't know if that's possible this year or how it would work but it's something to remember in case there are people that are interested in a league but have time limitations or if someone just wants to partner with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    A dynasty/keeper league has alot of appeal to me maybe even with a few minor league rounds. So what does eveyone else prefer in a league setup?
    I'm in one of these right now, pretty sweet I think.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I think the first thing we have to do is find out what everyone wants to play (or is open to playing). I've only done 5x5 but I've noticed a few people don't want to deal with steals so I'm open to participating in a league like that although I wouldn't prefer it. A dynasty/keeper league has alot of appeal to me maybe even with a few minor league rounds. So what does eveyone else prefer in a league setup?

By the way, I'm not positive but I think yahoo had a feature last year that allowed a team to have two owners. Their fantasy baseball isn't up yet so I don't know if that's possible this year or how it would work but it's something to remember in case there are people that are interested in a league but have time limitations or if someone just wants to partner with someone.
    Yahoo 5x5 Roto standard settings
    10-12 Teams
    Mixed League (NL &AL players)
    Dynasty Keeper league
    25-30 roster slots
    1 extra UTIL starting slot
    1 extra P starting slot + 75 IP limit
    All owners must use their RedsZone username as their team name.
    Live draft with 12 hour limit for each pick. Draft will take about two weeks.

Plus a commitment from each owner to pay attention all season long and to play in future years also.

If anyone is interested in this structure I can go ahead and set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Yahoo 5x5 Roto standard settings
    10-12 Teams
    Mixed League (NL &AL players)
    Dynasty Keeper league
    25-30 roster slots
    1 extra UTIL starting slot
    1 extra P starting slot + 75 IP limit
    All owners must use their RedsZone username as their team name.
    Live draft with 12 hour limit for each pick. Draft will take about two weeks.

Plus a commitment from each owner to pay attention all season long and to play in future years also.

If anyone is interested in this structure I can go ahead and set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I owe you some payback after you stole the championship from me on the last day of the AL-only league last season.

I owe you some payback after you stole the championship from me on the last day of the AL-only league last season.
    Stole? We were duking it out the entire season. If I remember correctly you got Sabathia and I got Harden off of waivers.

And It was the NL-only league. Big boys play NL-only leagues...

Stole? We were duking it out the entire season. If I remember correctly you got Sabathia and I got Harden off of waivers.

And It was the NL-only league. Big boys play NL-only leagues...
    Yeah, you stole it from me on the last day. It was fair and square, I did not intend the word "stole" to mean anything improper.

I was ahead all season long and you beat me out on the last day. It sucked.

I did win the AL league though. 1st in one league and 2nd in the other so I don't have anything to whine about. I do intend to pay you back this year for your last-second victory. We need to remind Justin to get those leagues going again pretty soon.

Yeah, you stole it from me on the last day. It was fair and square, I did not intend the word "stole" to mean anything improper.

I did win the AL league though. 1st in one league and 2nd in the other so I don't have anything to whine about. I do intend to pay you back this year for your last-second victory. We need to remind Justin to get those leagues going again pretty soon.
    Ha I definitely meant a joking tone. I wish there was a way to see the standings over the season though because I could swear I sporadically held first place throughout the season.

Are we still doing the 'World Series' league?

I was the Montana Reds and Montana Mariners in those leagues...Finished 2nd in the AL and 4th in the NL. My AL team looks pretty good, but my NL team there needs some work.

I agree that we need to start preparing for those leagues too.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Ha I definitely meant a joking tone. I wish there was a way to see the standings over the season though because I could swear I sporadically held first place throughout the season.

Are we still doing the 'World Series' league?
    Oh yeah! I forgot about the World Series league. That should be really cool too.

You may have been in first for a while. I can't remember anymore.

Looks like Montana Reds/Mariners is in the house and ready for another go.

I emailed Gonads (Justin) to see if he is ready to get things rolling. I haven't heard back yet. I forget his Redszone username. Do you guys remember?

I'm down for all leagues, including the Dynasty league, AD.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'm down for all leagues, including the Dynasty league, AD.
    Sweet. I know you are a fun guy so we are glad to have you involved.

I will set it up once we get a few more people that want to play. Yahoo has not started the signups yet, so I can't create the league until they do.

I am sure lots of people will be interested, but they might not be thinking about fantasy baseball just yet.

Sweet. I know you are a fun guy so we are glad to have you involved.

I will set it up once we get a few more people that want to play. Yahoo has not started the signups yet, so I can't create the league until they do.

I am sure lots of people will be interested, but they might not be thinking about fantasy baseball just yet.
    Sweet.

This was my first year playing fantasy football. Now playing fantasy bball (NBA). Figure I should go for the trifecta. lol

Turn Off Ads?