Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sugar Gliders

Sugar Gliders

the girlfriend and i just rescued one from beyond abhorrent conditions at a reptile show.

we know a fair amount about gliders, we have a breeding couple now (this current may never be exposed to them)

other than taking to him to a vet, anyone have ideas on how handle a very aggressive glider who doesn't like fingers (but faces and hands he's fine with) nor meal worms?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Sugar Gliders

I hear they need the companionship of their own kind or they suffer from depression. Also, there are several subspecies, so I'm not sure how that plays into companionship...do they require their own subspecies or will another suffice? Anyway, good luck with the rescue...care of nocturnal flying creatures is not for everyone.

If you don't already know about it, check out the Gliderpedia. Here's a link to one of their articles about introducing new gliders to existing pet sugar gliders.
    Last edited by WebScorpion; 01-22-2009 at 05:27 AM.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

gliders can actually die from depression if they're understimulated. right now he's calmed down much more than we expected at this point. he's still a bit aggressive, but he's now able to be handfed.

Rook and the family of gliders are in the same room, but in seperate cages. Nero (the dominate male) crabs when Rook moves around too much for his tastes. it's actually quite adorable.

as far as the subspecies go, the only differences are colouration, so they can all mix freely. the platinums go for upwards of $2,000.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I clicked around on those links. They are adorable! I'm barely responsible enough to keep my cat's alive though, so I'll have to admire from afar.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

not sure these pic links will work...

Johnny Rook (the rescue in question)

Zuki, the matriarch of the family

Zizi, Zuki's first joey, in her own food dish.

Zizi on her brother Nami's back.

Turn Off Ads?