Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Have All the LH Hitters Gone?

Where Have All the LH Hitters Gone?

LH hitting used to be a strength for this team and now we look to be thin in this area. The way I see it, we've only got three LH hitters who are pretty likely to be on the team in 2009. Perhaps Richar and/or Castillo will make the team but that still leaves us pretty thin. It makes it kinda difficult to balance a lineup against a tough RHP like Carlos Zambrano and it makes it impossible to find good matchups vs RH closers when you scan the bench for PHs.

The rotation is also lacking balance with all its RHs. Talent aside, this team needs some roster tweaks just to achieve some balance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Where Have All the LH Hitters Gone?

Sorry, we're at budget. Maybe some of our guys should give hitting LH a shot.

In some measure, they have been run out of town. Ironic thread, coming from you, Sea Ray.

Wait, I thought the Reds were *too* left-handed, and needed a big RH bat to balance the lineup.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    In some measure, they have been run out of town. Ironic thread, coming from you, Sea Ray.
    Hamilton, Dunn and Griffey have been "run out of town" for different reasons...maybe they were right or wrong but it is what it is as of right now.

Say hello to Danny Dorn.

Dorn has some drastic splits, but what he does to right handed pitchers cannot be overlooked. I expect him to start at AAA this year and am hoping he forces the Reds hand quickly.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Say hello to Danny Dorn.

Dorn has some drastic splits, but what he does to right handed pitchers cannot be overlooked. I expect him to start at AAA this year and am hoping he forces the Reds hand quickly.
    If he does, he'll probably replace Dickerson in LF. I know you want to see Dorn/Gomes in LF and Dickerson in CF but that just ain't happening unless Willy Taveras is hitting .205 in late June.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    If he does, he'll probably replace Dickerson in LF. I know you want to see Dorn/Gomes in LF and Dickerson in CF but that just ain't happening unless Willy Taveras is hitting .205 in late June.
    Yeah, that'd be ideal, and a Dorn/Gomes platoon could replace Dunn's production.

I sadly, can't see Taveras hitting .205. I can see him OBP'ing .305 though, and frankly that oughta be enough.

I sadly, can't see Taveras hitting .205. I can see him OBP'ing .305 though, and frankly that oughta be enough.
    I agree with you but it probably won't be enough. If he hits .250 or better, he's in the lineup to stay. Regardless of the OBP.

I agree with you but it probably won't be enough. If he hits .250 or better, he's in the lineup to stay. Regardless of the OBP.
    My sig agrees with you...unfortunately for the reds.

Yeah a Dorn/Gomes and Dickerson/Hairston OF would be much more ideal. Maybe we can get a Kerrigan/Gillooly platoon to intervene.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Say hello to Danny Dorn.

Doubtful. The guy killed AA and couldn't get an invite to ST. My guess is he isn't in the Reds plans at all for 2009 unless multiple injuries occur. Its a sad state.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    My sig agrees with you...unfortunately for the reds.
    If WT could do all those things in your sig, he'd be quite an asset. Unfortunately, your sig is detached from reality. The guy has never come close to 30 doubles or double-digits in triples.

BRM: You do know that it was Dusty who said those things in Emin's sig, right? So, yeah Detached from reality.

Nix gets an invite. Dorn doesn't. pheh.

IMO he doesn't need to be in their plans. He's certainly bound for AAA, so all he has to do is hit. Of course it took til August for them to call Dickerson...

Turn Off Ads?