Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WGC - Accenture MPC

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

WGC - Accenture MPC

WGC Leaderboard via ESPN

Business as usual for Mr. Woods.

Rod Pampling, however, probably didn't expect to get steamrolled by Villegas 7 & 6 (goodnight, sir!).

Anthony Kim stomps his opponent 7 & 5.

Discuss.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WGC - Accenture MPC

Anthony Kim is just a great match play guy. I expect him to win several of these by the time he's done, as well as put up great Ryder and President's Cup records.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Anthony Kim is just a great match play guy. I expect him to win several of these by the time he's done, as well as put up great Ryder and President's Cup records.
    The kid has enough game to match his ego.

Dangerous combo.

I'm hoping he continues to rise to the top to challenge Tiger. It's about time Tiger had a rival.

Caught some of the Tiger show, sunk about 20 footer to win a hole the ball went up and down a slope, I just shook my head, he's back.

my question is and I dont think he is, but does anyone think he may have taken some type of enhancements, he body is friggin ripped like a greek god?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    The kid has enough game to match his ego.

Dangerous combo.

I'm hoping he continues to rise to the top to challenge Tiger. It's about time Tiger had a rival.
    What David Duval could have been. Those two started off as great rivals and then Duval had to deal with injuries and personal issues. I have always hoped for him to make a comeback but as more time passes that seems less and less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    my question is and I dont think he is, but does anyone think he may have taken some type of enhancements, he body is friggin ripped like a greek god?
    If you had as much money as Tiger, you could afford to work out for 90 mins a day with the best trainer(s) available.

I'd almost be disappointed if his body wasn't in optimal condition, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    What David Duval could have been. Those two started off as great rivals and then Duval had to deal with injuries and personal issues. I have always hoped for him to make a comeback but as more time passes that seems less and less likely.
    Duval also had swing issues to deal with aside from injuries, and personal issues.

But yeah, when Duval was rockin' the Oakley M Frames and throwin' darts at pins, it was exciting for a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Counting the Ryder Cup, Kim has now played two rounds of match play as an individual. He beat Sergio at Valhalla and he beat some no name from the far east yesterday.

There is as much evidence that Kim is a GREAT match play guy as there was that Tuffy Rhodes was a great home run hitter after he jacked out 3 on opening day that year.

Wecome to RedsZone. Looks like you're off to a roaring start.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Caught some of the Tiger show, sunk about 20 footer to win a hole the ball went up and down a slope, I just shook my head, he's back.
    Just another day at the office.

Just tuned in, so not sure how today is going...

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Counting the Ryder Cup, Kim has now played two rounds of match play as an individual. He beat Sergio at Valhalla and he beat some no name from the far east yesterday.

There is as much evidence that Kim is a GREAT match play guy as there was that Tuffy Rhodes was a great home run hitter after he jacked out 3 on opening day that year.

Red may have been a bit harsh but he was prescient. Kim loses to Wilson 2 and 1.

Tiger's down 3 with 3 to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Well, that didn't last long. Tiger loses 4&2 to Tim Clark. Clark played solid making no bogies. Tiger was erratic and really didn't come close to winning today. At least it was fun watching him play again.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Sorry if I was harsh. Just not sure how anyone can say Kim is great at match play when his pro career shows half as many wins in match play as Rory McIlroy has since 6 PM yesterday.

Yes Kim was impressive at the Ryder Cup, taking out Sergio but he and Phil blew a fourball match that they led by 4 holes and today Kim got taken out by a guy who has never won a pro tournament.

Its not that I have anything against Kim, I just don't see the evidence. He has played 2 matches as a pro, 1 singles match at the Ryder Cup and 2 Walker Cup singles matches back in 2005. He is a combined 2-3 in those matches. So why should we believe he is "great"?

0-2 at the Walker Cup
    1-0 at the Ryder Cup
    1-1 this week

That Phil Mickelson almost choked again. How embarrassing.

Turn Off Ads?