Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: United States Men's National Team: The March to South Africa

Re: United States Men's National Team: The March to South Africa

Petr Cech sure showed his quality in that 2nd half. I think he's my favorite international keeper.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Petr Cech sure showed his quality in that 2nd half. I think he's my favorite international keeper.
    That helmet he wears is goofy looking. Hard for me to watch the game when he is in the picture w/out being distracted by looking at him. Of course if I suffered a fractured skull and it allowed me to play, I'd be wearing it too.

I'll tell you one thing I took away from that game: Bornstein and Pearce are both freaking awful versus top-flight international competition.

Pray Bradley goes with Spector at LB.
    I didn't think Bornstein played so poorly but yeah Pearce was awful. I agree, I think we'll see Spector at LB, especially with Cherundolo playing as well as he has at RB.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I didn't think Bornstein played so poorly but yeah Pearce was awful. I agree, I think we'll see Spector at LB, especially with Cherundolo playing as well as he has at RB.
    Really? I saw him get beat like a rented mule time and time again. His only real saving grace was that none of his screw-ups resulted in goals for the Czechs.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440018 Funny thread on the LBs and their performance last night...

By the way... I've really got to hand it to the Czechs. They are not only technically skilled, they work HARD. Was that closer to a B side for them? Anyone know?

Final seven cuts:

Let go were defenders Chad Marshall and Heath Pearce; midfielders Alejandro Bedoya, Sacha Kljestan and Robbie Rogers; and forwards Brian Ching and Eddie Johnson.
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0p3gcmo4W
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

No Ching! Wow, bit of a surprise there.

Glad Bob was able to avoid letting his Sacha fascination bleed into the final 23 man roster.

Some explanation behind the final cuts. Good bye, Brian Ching.

But Bradley’s surprise selection of Findley–and his unexpected cut of target-man Brian Ching–means that Bradley is desperate to have someone up front who can stretch defenses with his speed the way Charlie Davies could before his auto accident. Has Findley ever had a noticeably good game in a U.S. uniform? Well, no.
    The Czech game must not have had much impact on Bradley’s decision-making, because Ching was one of the U.S.’s best players in the second half, using hard work and creativity to hold the ball up top and set up his teammates.
    http://worldcup.si.com/2010/05/26/fi...cut/?eref=sihp

No Ching! Wow, bit of a surprise there.

Glad Bob was able to avoid letting his Sacha fascination bleed into the final 23 man roster.
    I'm certainly not one of those who likes to bang on Ching, but I haven't seen much use for a "hold up" forward to partner with Altidore. That's what Jozy, does, and he does it better than Ching.

One thing that's interesting to me is that with the four forwards being brought all playing the "fast" role, Jozy's going to have to go the full 90 at least once.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm certainly not one of those who likes to bang on Ching, but I haven't seen much use for a "hold up" forward to partner with Altidore. That's what Jozy, does, and he does it better than Ching.

One thing that's interesting to me is that with the four forwards being brought all playing the "fast" role, Jozy's going to have to go the full 90 at least once.
    Yep, Jozy makes Ching more or less a redundancy.

Hope Jozy has a massive WC. We're going to need it.

Turn Off Ads?