Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sir Albert wants Manny in St. Louis

Re: Sir Albert wants Manny in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    There aren't others on the FA market as good as Manny....that I'd buy. But that's not what I was saying. I'm saying that there are other talented players out there that I'd take over him...not that they're more talented or equally talented. Just that their talent outweighs Manny's flaws in my view. His flaws can lower the production of the rest of the team due to his attitude and influence on a young team. He is a virus I don't want to see spread in our dugout.
    He was sure an albatross on those AL East and WS Champion Red Sox teams.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Now's when Walt swoops in with a 4-year $100 million offer. I can feel it.

What if when Walt said "fringe" players he meant "lunatic fringe" players?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    He was sure an albatross on those AL East and WS Champion Red Sox teams.
    What about the detrimental effect he had on the Dodgers last year? He turned a second place team with a .495 winning percentage into a division champ with a .556 (Aug-Sep) winning percentage. Also, there's this quote from catcher Russ Martin, "I think we all learned from him, realizing that you don't always have to be stone-faced to be successful," said Martin.

"This guy is smiling and having a good time, laughing it up, and he's hitting homer after homer and driving guys in and really supporting the team and carrying the team to the postseason. It made me realize that you're supposed to have fun in this game. If you have fun, then you enjoy it, and it's going to be a better experience." Link to full article

What a cancer!

This team sure could use a cancer like that.
    Last edited by WebScorpion; 02-04-2009 at 08:43 AM.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

His flaws can lower the production of the rest of the team due to his attitude and influence on a young team. He is a virus I don't want to see spread in our dugout.
    What a ridiculous statement.

Manny has been on one team in his entire career with a losing record, and that was a horrible Indians team his rookie year, before the rest of their young stars came through.

He's definitely a cancer.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    What a cancer!

This team sure could use a cancer like that.
    Just wait until Marty unloads on him during a game. After a few weeks of listening to the harangues from Marty over attitude, Joe Sixpack and a minivan full of boo-birds decide it's high time they head down to the ol' ballpark to unleash hoots, hisses and assorted projectiles in ManRam's direction.

If the Reds had an announcer team and a fan base that could look past Manny being Manny outside the basepaths, a one-year fling would be fine... fun even. They can't and they won't, so the Reds shouldn't bother.
    /r/reds

Manny's charms have a way of shutting up the holier-than-thou crowd, at least temporarily. Even if it got really bad, it would at least be more interesting than recent Reds SOP.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

His flaws can lower the production of the rest of the team due to his attitude and influence on a young team. He is a virus I don't want to see spread in our dugout.
    Marty? .... Is that you Marty?

Turn Off Ads?