Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58

Thread: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

  1. #16
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    People, we are all missing the most important question here: Will Scarlet, Lady Jaye and The Barroness be having any pillow fights? That's what enquiring minds want to know.
    They cast a real supermodel as Cover Girl.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    They cast a real supermodel as Cover Girl.
    Oh they certainly did!

    Loved her work in the last Victoria Secret fashion show!

  4. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    CGI Joe

  5. #19
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Okay, now I've pretty much been laughed out of the room by every person I've brought this up to but...

    I've always asserted that GI Joe was not part of the millitary. More like a seperate pseudo government agency that was out to thwart evil.

    I don't know any of the comic book stories or anything, just going off of the cartoons.
    You're on point there.

    They were all in the military previous to the GI JOE gig, and they all bring something to the table.

    I hope Bazooka's in the movie. He was all into Baseball Cards and bubble gum and stuff. He rocked.

    Flint better be in the movie. Duke too. You can't have a GI Joe movie without those two.


    Who was the chick that drove the Wolverine? Cover Girl? They had so many hot chicks on that squad, it's a wonder they ever got anything done.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  6. #20
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Who was the chick that drove the Wolverine? Cover Girl? They had so many hot chicks on that squad, it's a wonder they ever got anything done.
    Indeed, it was Cover Girl. She and Scarlett were quite catty for a while.

    I don't know what the deal is with Marvel and smoking-hot redheads.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  7. #21
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    IDW, who has the comic book rights to Joe now, is releasing the original Marvel series as a collection of trade paperbacks. 10 issues per. First one came out in January.
    It took Larry Hama awhile to get going good, but when they hit issue 21 (the so called "silent issue" written and broken down by Hama, I forget who did the finishes), it was on like Donkey Kong.


    I'm pretty sure the first comic book I ever bought was GIJoe #12 or 13. It had Snow Job with his snowmobile on the cover. Had to do with Destro trying to destroy the Alaskan pipeline.

    Edit:

    It was #11

    Last edited by Raisor; 02-02-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  8. #22
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,281

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    IDW, who has the comic book rights to Joe now, is releasing the original Marvel series as a collection of trade paperbacks. 10 issues per. First one came out in January.
    It took Larry Hama awhile to get going good, but when they hit issue 21 (the so called "silent issue" written and broken down by Hama, I forget who did the finishes), it was on like Donkey Kong.


    I'm pretty sure the first comic book I ever bought was GIJoe #12 or 13. It had Snow Job with his snowmobile on the cover. Had to do with Destro trying to destroy the Alaskan pipeline.

    Edit:

    It was #11

    nerd boy.

    My first comic was a What If. What If Daredevil weren't Blind. or something like that.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  9. #23
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    G.I. Joe #1 was the first comic I collected. I had a subscription to "Spidey Super Stories" as a kid, but I pretty much trashed those. I took care of G.I. Joe #1, though.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  10. #24
    Ripsnort wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    I think I have every GI Joe from #1 until I got bored sometime around 1988. I'd have to did through my parents' crawlspace to know for sure.

    I remember I started collecting "The 'Nam" instead. More realistic and people died more often.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

  11. #25
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I think I have every GI Joe from #1 until I got bored sometime around 1988. I'd have to did through my parents' crawlspace to know for sure.

    I remember I started collecting "The 'Nam" instead. More realistic and people died more often.
    Towards the end of the Marvel run, guys were getting whacked all the time.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  12. #26
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I think I have every GI Joe from #1 until I got bored sometime around 1988. I'd have to did through my parents' crawlspace to know for sure.

    I remember I started collecting "The 'Nam" instead. More realistic and people died more often.
    I think the first issue I remember someone being killed was a character named Quinn or something like that. I think Snake Eyes wrapped him up, put him a kayak and launched him into the ocean from the tip of long island.

    I guess I'm going to have to go dig those out.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  13. #27
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,123

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I think the first issue I remember someone being killed was a character named Quinn or something like that. I think Snake Eyes wrapped him up, put him a kayak and launched him into the ocean from the tip of long island.

    I guess I'm going to have to go dig those out.
    Quinn the Eskimo Merc was killed in the same issue as original Joe CO General Flagg. (The Joe Aircraft Carrier was named after Flagg.) Cobra launched an attack on the Pitt and the Baroness killed Flagg. Quinn jumped on a gernade to save Snake Eyes, iirc.

    Snake Eyes and Wild Bill put Quinn's body on the kayak.

    I can't believe I remember all that.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  14. #28
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Quinn the Eskimo Merc was killed in the same issue as original Joe CO General Flagg. (The Joe Aircraft Carrier was named after Flagg.) Cobra launched an attack on the Pitt and the Baroness killed Flagg. Quinn jumped on a gernade to save Snake Eyes, iirc.

    Snake Eyes and Wild Bill put Quinn's body on the kayak.

    I can't believe I remember all that.
    I remember it now.

    Many pieces of the GI Joe toy line made their first comic book appearance during the attack on the Pitt.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  15. #29
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,564

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    So I just saw that the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun is playing Cobra Commander.


    I don't even know what to think about that.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  16. #30
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

    I didn't get into the Joe comics much but was all about the action figures, cartoon and most of all the files on the back of the package.

    My favs:
    Snake Eyes
    Storm Shadow
    Shipwreck (w/parrot)
    Mutt (w/Junkyard)
    Spirit (w/eagle)
    Quick Kick
    Tunnel Rat
    Zartan
    The Dreadnoks
    Croc Master (w/ croc)
    Xamot & Tomax
    Destro

    Others I like:
    Stalker
    Scarlet
    Wild Bill
    Blowtorch
    Frostbite
    Dusty
    Jinx
    Cobra
    Firefly
    Scrap Iron
    Alpine
    Recondo
    Roadblock

    Ones I didn't like:
    Deep Six
    Serpentor
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 02-09-2009 at 07:07 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25