Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Re: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

The cast of the new Stallone movie The Expendables would have been a much better choice to play the GI Joe characters; Sly, Arnie, Mickey Rourke, Ivan Drago, Eric Roberts, etc.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This. Is. Glorious.

New animated Joe show on Adult Swim. Written by Warren Ellis. First three eps are up.

PART ONE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmahUDrswxY
    PART TWO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FS9-bYAsNU
    PART THREE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16neqpiuxSo
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Wow, those clips are awesome. Any idea when they are shown?

A G.I. Joe cartoon in which people actually die! FINALLY!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Wow, those clips are awesome. Any idea when they are shown?
    Cartoon network. This Saturday night, April 25. Midnight. Hour and a half "movie". Set your DVRs.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    My favorite two characters were Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. The little bit they showed of them looked a bit cheesy. If they can pull off a Transformers with a good story, good acting, humor and a couple of hot babes this should be huge. If it's just mindless CGI and explosions it will be fun and quickly forgotten.

My only foray into comic books was the GI Joe Series. My favorite issue was the backstory on Storm Shadow and Snake eyes. How they were in the same unit in Viet Nam (with Stalker) , are/were friends and their lives before GI Joe/Cobra. Dang...I might have to go dig that one out of the storage closet.
    I could never decide which one i wanted to be. Those two, by far, were my favorite characters. I used to take a red marker and make those lines on my forearm. I still have my figures and some of the vehicles. I have a lot of comic books too. Can't wait to see the movie.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    A G.I. Joe cartoon in which people actually die! FINALLY!
    Must have been a parachute malfunction.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I watched it this weekend. the ending was a little weak, but i won't spoil it. Overall pretty cool.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I watched it this weekend. the ending was a little weak, but i won't spoil it. Overall pretty cool.
    Cuss, I forgot to DVR it. I need to see when it's on again.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

i DVR'd it but haven't had time to watch. Looking forward to it though.

I'm toolsy.

Anyone know if this will be an ongoing series on Adult Swim or was it just a one time movie?

I'd call it good, not great. Nice to see a more grown-up version of the show, but still too over-the-top cartoony in some places. When I saw the Baroness and Destro, all I could think about was Molotov (unprintable last name) and Baron Underbite from The Venture Brothers.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Destro was weakly portrayed. Zartan was a sociopath. Zartan was awesome. Just wanted the killin'
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?