Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Sunday (My Own Personal Hell)

Re: Super Bowl Sunday (My Own Personal Hell)

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    It's alright, he probably just had a little bit too much HGH that morning.
    I think your hatred for the Patriots and Rodney Harrison may be clouding your point of view.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I think your hatred for the Patriots and Rodney Harrison may be clouding your point of view.
    NEVER!!!

I have never understood the hatred for the Steelers. Maybe because the Giants don't play the Steelers but once every four years but I know tons of Eagles, Cowboys and Steelers fans here in Panama City. And the Steeler fans are easily the nicest, classiest of the bunch. They talk with you before the game, during, afterward, they understand the game (whereas Eagles fans cheer when their team gets a three yard gain and then when their defense makes a stop after a four yard run - how can they both be good?).

I would go out of my way to not watch a Giants game with Cowboys or Eagles fans (even though some of those guys are friends of mine) but I would watch a Steeler-Giant game with Steeler fans cause I know that win or lose the Steeler fans will be cool all the way through.

And the Rooney's are class. Congrats Steelers!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Puffy, obviously you never attended a Browns-Steelers game at old Cleveland Municipal Stadium. I can't say "classy" could decribe any of the fan behavior there, Browns or Steelers. Nasty, rude, obnoxious, and downright violent is more like it. Also great fun

I think NBC restored my faith in network TV covering a big football game. I'm so tired of the slipshod job FOX does.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I have never understood the hatred for the Steelers. Maybe because the Giants don't play the Steelers but once every four years but I know tons of Eagles, Cowboys and Steelers fans here in Panama City. And the Steeler fans are easily the nicest, classiest of the bunch. They talk with you before the game, during, afterward, they understand the game (whereas Eagles fans cheer when their team gets a three yard gain and then when their defense makes a stop after a four yard run - how can they both be good?).

I would go out of my way to not watch a Giants game with Cowboys or Eagles fans (even though some of those guys are friends of mine) but I would watch a Steeler-Giant game with Steeler fans cause I know that win or lose the Steeler fans will be cool all the way through.

And the Rooney's are class. Congrats Steelers!
    Florida must be a different place. Your definition of Eagles fans is how Steelers fans are up here in NW Ohio. I didn't use to have that strong a dislike for the Steelers, but being around their fans turned me against them. One other point, I get the whole terrible towel thing, but if you bring a towel into a restaurant or bar and start waving it around, you're a dope. There is a time and a place for such things, that's not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Pittsburgh is the unquestioned class of the NFL. They play football their way, and their way has worked for the better part of 30 years.
    I'm not so sure about the "unquestioned" part, Caveat. At the very distinct risk of sounding like a sour-grapes Bengals fan who's cherry picking his time periods to make a point (which I undoubtedly am ), I will point out that:

• In the 12 seasons from 1980-91, they won 10 or more games in a season only once.
    • In the 25 seasons from 1980-2004, they played in only one Super Bowl and lost it.
    • More recently, in the period from 2003-06, they finished tied with or below the lowly Cincinnati Bengals in the standings three out of four seasons.

Yes, they won four titles in the 70s and two in the last four seasons, but the quarter century in-between was nothing legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    On the play where Ben was wrongfully first credited with a TD, a Steelers lineman illegally pulled Ben forward. That should have been a ten yard penalty and a replay of down.
    In his online column this morning at SI's web site Peter King noted that Pittsburgh center Justin Hartwig had illegally pulled Ben forward on that play, the first member of the media that I know of to note the illegal play; Michaels and Madden made no mention of it despite numerous replays.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    According to the NFL, the last play was reviewed in the booth and upheld.
    I'm not surprised they'd say that. If true then that was the fastest under two minutes review in NFL history, but I think they were just covering for a mistake.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm not surprised they'd say that. If true then that was the fastest under two minutes review in NFL history, but I think they were just covering for a mistake.
    I think its BS. I think the league is trying to cover the behind for failing to review that play. Even if the ruling would have been upheld they should have taken the time to get the play right.

FWIW Santonio should have been flagged for his endzone celebration. Then the Steelers were flagged 15 yards on that last debated play. The Cards were screwed out of 30 yards on that final drive.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think its BS. I think the league is trying to cover the behind for failing to review that play. Even if the ruling would have been upheld they should have taken the time to get the play right.

FWIW Santonio should have been flagged for his endzone celebration. Then the Steelers were flagged 15 yards on that last debated play. The Cards were screwed out of 30 yards on that final drive.
    Is it me or but I still thought Warner fumbled on the last drive and the correct call was made. There was a huge difference between the first (overturned) fumble where his arm was coming forward and holding/pushing the football and the last fumble, where his arm was coming forward empty.

Its not every day you see a fumble fly forward as if it was thrown by someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    You seriously need to take a look at the play. Warner loses control of the ball...and yes the ball comes forward, but does so because his wrist is pushing it forward after he loses control. Can't look at the ball's direction, you have to look at when possesion is lost.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    You can't punch the ball forward after you lose possession and claim it to be a forward pass.

It was a close call, but everyone that I've seen/heard since has agreed it was the correct ruling on the field.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'd have no problem with the ruling being a fumble, but at least have the ref go out and put his head under the hood.

There's no chance they did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Am I the only one who thought there was a blatant hold during Harrison's interception return? Don't know who it was but one of the Steelers had a fistful of Warner's jersey as Warner was making an attempt at a tackle.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?