Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Colbert gives the best Paul McCartney interview, ever

Re: Steve Colbert gives the best Paul McCartney interview, ever

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I think folks are making more of this than what it really was. It looks to me like McCartney knows he's joking around. I thought, when I first saw it, that it was very stilted. It's mostly bad acting on McCartney's part. But this type of humour (as they'd spell it in "jolly old, jolly old") is very much something the Beatles would get. They were huge fans of Peter Sellers and helped out the folks who formed Monty Python (I know George produced a number of their movies). It wasn't Colbert's best stuff, although when I went back and watched again prior to responding to this thread, you can see they're both amused.
    Exactly. Just because Colbert is a better actor does not mean that Macca didn't know what was going on.

Paul got what he wanted out of it.... a plug for his album Electronic Arguments.

Paul has done so many of these "interviews" over the years. He knows what to expect and what is coming.

I remember one done on SNL by Father Guido Sarducci who kept referencing every response Paul made back to smoking pot (Paul had just got busted/released in Japan).

If you could be any animal Paul, what would it be?

A koala bear.

Oh yeah. Sitting all day up in that tree, getting stoned, eating euchalyptis leaves.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-02-2009 at 07:59 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Does anyone else see what I see...McCartney really seems totally clueless (to what Colbert is doing) then about halfway thru the interview he has some fun with it. He may have been in on it from the get-go but thats just the way I saw it.

I don't know if he was in on it (probably was), but I do know that was hilarious.

I think he was in on it, but it took him a couple of minutes to actually get comfortable with the tone of the interview.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?