Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm going to Spring Training!

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: I'm going to Spring Training!

This would be the year to go OBM. Next year it's a long trip. Too long for me unless I get to retire several (many) years down the road. Have a good time and send me a postcard
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I found out today that my dad and I along with three others are going to Spring Training next month. We'll be attending the March 8th game vs Toronto, March 9th at Philly, and March 10th at the Yankees and then we'll fly back home on Wednesday March 11th. I'm pumped! This will be the first time I've ever been to Spring Training. I've always wanted to go and now I finally get to. This will also be the first time flying.

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about this trip. I guess the only downside is I won't get a chance to see some of the stars like Cueto, Volquez, and Votto since they're all participating in the World Baseball Classic.

Anyone else going?

Congratulations OBM. Enjoy your trip!

Enjoy, OBM. Soak up the sun, the ST vibe and the everybody-plays games. You'll be there at a good time, when there are still lots of players in camp.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Have a great time OBM! Hopefully you'll post some reports here for us either while you're down there or when you get back!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

my pto has been approved, so I'll be going that same week.

awesome.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Congrats. I'll be thinking about you when I attend next year in Arizona.
    Same here. I can't wait for 2010 spring training.

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Enjoy, OBM. Soak up the sun, the ST vibe and the everybody-plays games. You'll be there at a good time, when there are still lots of players in camp.
    Yep. I'm hoping to see some of the minors leaguers like Frazier, Soto, and Stubbs among others. I might try to slip over to the minor league field and catch a glimpse of Juan Duran and Yorman Rodriguez.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    This would be the year to go OBM. Next year it's a long trip. Too long for me unless I get to retire several (many) years down the road. Have a good time and send me a postcard
    It's kind of weird for me. I'm on the East Coast and have never been to ST. I thought this would be my last chance, but I'm now taking a job on the West Coast. The problem is I'm too busy arranging the move (and moving) to go to ST.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I found out today that my dad and I along with three others are going to Spring Training next month. We'll be attending the March 8th game vs Toronto, March 9th at Philly, and March 10th at the Yankees and then we'll fly back home on Wednesday March 11th. I'm pumped! This will be the first time I've ever been to Spring Training. I've always wanted to go and now I finally get to. This will also be the first time flying.

I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about this trip. I guess the only downside is I won't get a chance to see some of the stars like Cueto, Volquez, and Votto since they're all participating in the World Baseball Classic.

Anyone else going?
    I'll be there the previous week...
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 3-4
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Turn Off Ads?