Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Sign Humberto Cota; Ryan Jorgensen Retires

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Reds Sign Humberto Cota; Ryan Jorgensen Retires

Quote Originally Posted by http://hotstove.mlblogs.com/
    Reds add Cota
    The Reds signed catcher Humberto Cota to a Minor League contract on Monday and invited him to big league camp. Another catcher was needed after camp invite Ryan Jorgensen decided to retire.

Cota was with the Pirates over parts of 2001-07 and was a .233 career hitter in the Majors. He did not play in the big leagues in 2008 and was with Triple-A Colorado Springs in the Rockies organization and batted .319 with four home runs, 26 RBIs and a .342 on base percentage.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Sign Humberto Cota; Ryan Jorgensen Retires

Cota's debut was a pinch-hit, RBI single against the Reds.

The transaction is hardly newsworthy, but if I had to choose between Cota and Jorgensen, I'd be a bit more inclined to go with Cota.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Cota's debut was a pinch-hit, RBI single against the Reds.

The transaction is hardly newsworthy, but if I had to choose between Cota and Jorgensen, I'd be a bit more inclined to go with Cota.
    Then who would give Redszone inside info
    Most Vottomatic Player

I just notice that this is posted on tORG. Could we get this stickied here, too?

out with one cheater in with another haha

Turn Off Ads?