Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio St. OL Boone arrested in California

Re: Ohio St. OL Boone arrested in California

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement. Instead of throwing crap against the wall trying to start arguments you should really consider the facts. Tressel runs a clean program. As clean as any other big time college coach anyways.
    Its not rediulous. Santonio holmes, clarret, this guy, and a pretty long list of other guys that i cant even name off the top of my head. Face it OSU doesnt have a great tract record right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hey I don't disagree. The Super Bowl MVP last night had his share of legal trouble. I'm not turning a blind eye to any of it, but it's certainly not a criminal program. Sorry, I just get a little defensive about my school, no hard feelings
    I didnt call it a criminal program. I just said another ohio state criminal. I think Tressel runs a clear program its just hes had a bad run with character issue guys over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I didnt call it a criminal program. I just said another ohio state criminal. I think Tressel runs a clear program its just hes had a bad run with character issue guys over the last few years.
    I don't really think that's the case though. Malcom Jenkins, James Laurinaitis, Brian Robiskie... can't get much more high character than that.

I don't really think that's the case though. Malcom Jenkins, James Laurinaitis, Brian Robiskie... can't get much more high character than that.
    plenty of guys are high character my point is its just another guy on the list that seems to be piling up over recent years.

I remember more OSU guys in recent years getting into trouble
    That's because of the biased media coverage on ESPN...

For a Level Playing Field

Boone? Has anyone hear ever known a college-age person (non-athlete) that was arrested for being drunk or doing something stupid while drunk? I have. It happens. 18 to 23 year "kids" do dumb things sometimes.

I'd venture to guess that at least one OSU student is arrested every weekend. Does that mean the whole school has a problem? How about other schools? Think Ivy League schools don't have arrests due to disorderly and/or drunken behavior?

I invite those throwing accusations to give me the number of guys that have been signed to play for OSU while Tressel has been there. Now give the number of players arrested. Is the percentage loads higher than other D-I football programs or loads higher than % of arrests for all college students. That is the kind of proof that I need to see to convince me. Give me facts, not "long lists", "bad track record", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That's because of the biased media coverage on ESPN...
    I dont watch much ESPN football coverage :o

Id like to find a % but i bet taht info is really hard to find just searching on the internet.

but yea since I cant prove it with stone cold fact its obviously just made up on my end. sorry haha

For a Level Playing Field

but yea since I cant prove it with stone cold fact its obviously just made up on my end. sorry haha
    You are throwing out a lot of comments, but cannot even give names. I'll give ya one... Nathan Williams (freshman) arrested for shoplifting a few weeks before this years bowl game.

Here we go... Maurice Clarett. Clarett and Boone. There are the bookends. Fill it in. There are so many (long list), shouldn't be too hard (haha).

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    You are throwing out a lot of comments, but cannot even give names. I'll give ya one... Nathan Williams (freshman) arrested for shoplifting a few weeks before this years bowl game.

Here we go... Maurice Clarett. Clarett and Boone. There are the bookends. Fill it in. There are so many (long list), shouldn't be too hard (haha).
    I can give names but you were asking for % of people from every division 1 school.

Heres just what I could find on google by searching "List of ohio state football players to get arrested"

Obviously there isnt a list but it only took me 2 pages to come up with those 4 names.

Antonio Henton

T.J. Downing

Louis Irizarry

Ira Guilford

Doug Worthington just another name to the list

and Eugene Clifford

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Boone? Has anyone hear ever known a college-age person (non-athlete) that was arrested for being drunk or doing something stupid while drunk? I have. It happens. 18 to 23 year "kids" do dumb things sometimes.

I'd venture to guess that at least one OSU student is arrested every weekend. Does that mean the whole school has a problem? How about other schools? Think Ivy League schools don't have arrests due to disorderly and/or drunken behavior?

I invite those throwing accusations to give me the number of guys that have been signed to play for OSU while Tressel has been there. Now give the number of players arrested. Is the percentage loads higher than other D-I football programs or loads higher than % of arrests for all college students. That is the kind of proof that I need to see to convince me. Give me facts, not "long lists", "bad track record", etc.
    Just ask a UC fan about the actions of a few becoming the image of an entire program. It doesn't take much reality to create a perception.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Another ohio state criminal
    I'm not even sure you could find a Mormon school in a dry county without criminals in it.

I shouldnt even have brought it up I guess.

Ohio state is the classiest school in history of sports and obviously their recent track record is just over exposure and jealously on the part of everyone.

Turn Off Ads?