Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christian Bale goes American Psycho in a British accent

Re: Christian Bale goes American Psycho in a British accent

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    This sort of "Gotcha" game that Bale plays here reveals much about who he thinks he is and how he thinks of others. I've worked with people like this jacka**, and the only thing that saves them from a beating is that I'm the better person.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't have a problem with getting po'd about having one's work screwed up. But it just seems like he got to that point where he couldn't stop himself. Anybody who's ever thrown a real adult temper tantrum knows what that's about; at some point you start to see yourself in the third person, realizing you look like a complete idiot, so you apply even more lather to convince people unequivocally that you are right.
    Dude could have yelled at the guy and just stated he wouldn't work until he was removed from the set. That would be a perfectly legitimate thing to do.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I really don't care that much about this. Just seems like alot of people making a bigger deal out of it than they should. But maybe that's just me. Anyway, I saw this headline on yahoo, read it, and thought all of you maybe interested in it too. I like that he owned up to it. Hopefully this will put an end to it. Hopefully.

Christian Bale Apologizes for "Potty Mouth," "Unexcusable" Rant
    Gina Serpe 1 hr 39 mins ago

Los Angeles (E! Online) – There are at least two men with whom Christian Bale is not professionally done: Los Angeles DJs Kevin and Bean.

After a week of unrelenting press coverage in the wake of his leaked onset rant, Bale unexpectedly chose to break his silence over the incident on KROQ radio's popular morning show, taking full responsibility for his Terminator: Salvation explosion.

"It's been a miserable week for me," Bale told hosts Kevin Ryder and Gene "Bean" Baxter. "Listen, I know I have a potty mouth, everybody knows this now.

"The thing that I really want to stress is I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief. I was way out of order. I acted like a punk. I regret that.

"There is nobody that has heard that tape that's been hit harder by it than me. I make no excuses for it. It is unexcusable. I hope that that is absolutely clear."

As for what brought on the much-played rant, Bale said that the day's shooting was particularly intense and that he "puts so much into what I do and care so much about it and sometimes the enthusiasm just goes awry."

"I'm embarrassed by it. I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and really regretted it immensely."

Not that he doesn't understand the public's insatiable desire to hear—and mock and remix—the audio.

"Feel free to make fun of me at my expense, I deserve it completely.

Bale, who could easily have chosen any worldwide media out to deliver his mea culpa, said he selected KROQ because had been listening to the morning show's mockery and incessant playing of his rant all week.

"I spoke with you guys a few years back, you seem like good guys and I wanted to talk with you about it," he said, before adding that the deejays' take on his rant made him laugh. "Believe me, this is no punk."

Kevin and Bean, meanwhile, had a slightly more humbling take on why they were chosen.

"You can talk to a guy who tries to high-five a blind dude or you can talk to Kevin and Bean, those are your options in the morning," they said.

(For those doubting the validity of the scoop, Bale's rep Jennifer Allen has confirmed that it was the actor, and not the station's dead-on Bale impersonator, Ralph Garman.)

As for any residual hard feelings between Bale and the object of his onset rant, the actor said it ceased being an issue shortly after the outburst.

"We have resolved this completely...I have no intention of getting anyone fired. There is no problem whatsoever."

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Great for him.

Notice how the response to his apology is very limited as opposed to what he did. People enjoy the bad side more than he is humbled to make an apology...which shows he is not a jackass......just a human who had a jackass moment.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

just a human who had a jackass moment.
    Or a jackass who had a human moment.

While I want to believe the apology, it isn't in itself proof that Bale has learned anything other than it can be really embarrassing to have your tantrums aired in public.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    There was a famous incident during the filming of "Days of Wine and Roses" in which Jack Lemmon put out one of the most incredible performances of his career in the scene where he was desperately searching for a bottle. I may have the details wrong, it's been a while since I heard the story. But by his account, it was his finest hour as an actor.

When it was done, a large part of the set was destroyed from his rampage looking for the bottle.

Then they discovered that the film was faulty, or loaded incorrectly, I can't remember the details. But the performance was lost, only witnessed by the cast and crew present that day.

They set it up again, he redid the scene, and it was a movie classic. Who knows if it was as inspired as his first attempt, which was lost?
    if he was anything like me, the glory was lost in the second attempt.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Notice how the response to his apology is very limited as opposed to what he did. People enjoy the bad side more than he is humbled to make an apology...which shows he is not a jackass......just a human who had a jackass moment.
    "It's been a miserable week for me," Bale told hosts
    "There is nobody that has heard that tape that's been hit harder by it than me.
    puts so much into what I do and care so much about it
    Yea, when I read these phrases it doesn't do much to engender sympathy for the guy.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Yea, when I read these phrases it doesn't do much to engender sympathy for the guy.

Turn Off Ads?