Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ty Wiggington signs 2 year/6 mill deal with O's

Ty Wiggington signs 2 year/6 mill deal with O's

How many people are going to complain about NOT signing Ty Wiggington?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ty Wiggington signs 2 year/6 mill deal with O's

Considering we gave Taveras more money I'm going to complain

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Considering we gave Taveras more money I'm going to complain
    So what? We have no true CF on this team. Not to mention his speed (when he does reach base).

AND, you do realize it's Ty Wiggington?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    So what? We have no true CF on this team. Not to mention his speed (when he does reach base).

AND, you do realize it's Ty Wiggington?
    Yea and Ty wiggington would have filled a bigger whole for this team than signing Taveras did. All signing Taveras did was create a problem for the next 2 years.

There is no doubt in my mind (NONE WHAT-SO-EVER!) that some combination of Dickerson, Stubbs, and Hairston would out produce Willy by a mile. Stubbs already gives you GG defense, and he has top end speed and a SB success rate around 80% in the MiLB. I would bet anything that he would SLG higher while producing a better OBP than Willy. If he and Dickerson would platoon, Willy couldn't touch their production!

I doubt willy could touch dickerson even with out the platoon and I only expect league average out of dickerson

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind (NONE WHAT-SO-EVER!) that some combination of Dickerson, Stubbs, and Hairston would out produce Willy by a mile. Stubbs already gives you GG defense, and he has top end speed and a SB success rate around 80% in the MiLB. I would bet anything that he would SLG higher while producing a better OBP than Willy. If he and Dickerson would platoon, Willy couldn't touch their production!
    That may be true. Maybe Willy can't touch their production. But I doubt he is losing any sleep over it, because they can't touch his contract.

That's why so many were upset with Willy signing. He was non-tendered and the market is terrible, they could have signed him to much less and not gave him 2 years. The 2nd year is a joke especially after they were burnt last season by a speedy CF that carried a bad OBP and was shown little interest by other clubs.

That's why so many were upset with Willy signing. He was non-tendered and the market is terrible, they could have signed him to much less and not gave him 2 years. The 2nd year is a joke especially after they were burnt last season by a speedy CF that carried a bad OBP and was shown little interest by other clubs.
    Did Freel have 70 steals?

all those steals turned into a total of 80 something runs. Pretty impressive.

I think he had 68 steals and 64 runs... Once again, getting on base not stealing bases, batting average, or BA w/RISP leads to scoring. Everything is just a bi-product of getting on base and Wee Willy doesn't do it very well!

Also Willy is so pathetic at scoring runs that he only has 295 in 4+ seasons and 2170 plate appearances. The dude just doesn't get it done!

Also Willy is so pathetic at scoring runs that he only has 295 in 4+ seasons and 2170 plate appearances. The dude just doesn't get it done!
    So would you say you are a fan of Willy?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

I'm not a fan of anyone that is teh suck. I'm a fan of production. I'm a fan of not overpaying for guys on the scrap heap. I'm a fan using league minimum minor league prospects to gain the production that an overpriced punch and judy hitter can't give. I'm a fan of not giving 2 year deals to reclamation projects. That's what I'm a fan of... Willy is none of the above!

IMO there is no way that you can predict that those 3 would out produce Willy at all. Stubbs has no experience and by most accounts is in line behind Dorn to make it to the bigs.Dickersons career minor league #s aren't much better then Willy T's major league stats and they are about the same age.I do hope that the 100+ at bats last year in the bigs is what we can expect but no way can you predict that.Hairston had a career year last season and still was hurt a lot as usual.He is older now and would be doing good to just put up career average #s in 09.

Either way we will never know.Willy T will be our starting CF the majority of the time for better or worse.

Turn Off Ads?