Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball America on Danny Dorn

Re: Baseball America on Danny Dorn

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Baseball America compares him to Luke Scott which is a very fair comparison. Brad Hawpe and Matt Joyce are other comparisons I like.

Mashes RHP and doesn't kill ya defensively ... I'll take it.
    Luke Scott and Matt Joyce have significant defensive value which helps mitigate platoon deficiencies.

Dorn is not a rangeful, webgemmer like a previous quote suggested.

Dorn very well may play defense like Hawpe-it's probably a good comp. Like I said earlier, the question is will he hit major league righties like Hawpe does because that's what he'll have to do. Even then, you're only looking at a roughly league average regular at best. That's Dorn's ceiling.

I hope he does become that guy.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America on Danny Dorn

Didn't bother to recall the stats, but on an earlier thread someone cited #'s that indicated, while Dorn's power numbers dropped against LH pitching, he still got on base at a respectable clip. On his fielding, last year I asked Doug what the line was on Dorn's glove, and he responded while Dorn wasn't great, he would be a definate upgrade over Dunn. BTW, the leg injury that was mentioned in the article was the result of an attempt to slide to catch a ball hit in "tweener" area, and he gashed himself on his cleats. 21 sutures if I remember, out a month +. (Surely slowed his rise in the system). The shoulder injury is old, (College days), and is the reason he slipped so far in the Draft...................

Turn Off Ads?