Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Somewhat Recent Signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Somewhat Recent Signings

A couple of these transactions were lost in the RedsZone crash from a couple weeks ago, and others I haven't seen mentioned on RedsZone at all.

Ryan Doran
    He's a 22-year-old outfielder and son of Bill Doran.

Nate Driessen
    He's a 17-year-old left-hander from Australia.

Korey Feiner
    He's a 27-year-old catcher and brother of Kevyn Feiner (another Reds minor leaguer) who has played in the Twins' and Mariners' organizations. The Reds signed him out of independent ball.

Tomas Sykora
    He's a 16-year-old pitcher who was signed out of the Czech Republic back in August. He hasn't pitched in a game yet, though.

Jan Vasourek
    He's a 17-year-old pitcher who was also signed out of the Czech Republic back in September.

Re: Somewhat Recent Signings

The Reds are very busy on the International scene. With the signings of the two kids from Czech Republic, I believe that now gives the Reds three players from there. Petr Cech is the other.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Ryan Doran
    He's a 22-year-old outfielder and son of Bill Doran.

HELL YES!

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    HELL YES!
    Allow me to clarify. I meant Bill Doran the ex-Red, not the great pontificator.

Allow me to clarify. I meant Bill Doran the ex-Red, not the great pontificator.
    Doesn't make me any less excited.

The Reds are lacking in Asia, aside from Taiwan, but everywhere else, they seem to have made a good name for themselves.

The Reds are lacking in Asia, aside from Taiwan, but everywhere else, they seem to have made a good name for themselves.
    Per an older article I posted on here a while back, the Reds are working on beefing up their scouting in Asia. They've yet to yield any signings but they're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Per an older article I posted on here a while back, the Reds are working on beefing up their scouting in Asia. They've yet to yield any signings but they're working on it.
    I wonder if they have prioritized other areas over establishing Asia in an attempt to be one of the first teams there, as opposed to a late comer in Asia.

Driessen was with the Reds org for the whole season. He played in Aussie Summer League.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Driessen was with the Reds org for the whole season. He played in Aussie Summer League.
    You're right--I believe he signed back in March of 2008. I just never saw him mentioned anywhere on RedsZone.

Are there any potential Reds in Russia?

Since someone mentioned him, does anyone know what is up with Cech? He started off in '07 with a good bat for the short term, then disappeared. I was told by a Sarasota fan, he was injured. But there wasn't much of anything last year, just a few ABs I think......

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Since someone mentioned him, does anyone know what is up with Cech? He started off in '07 with a good bat for the short term, then disappeared. I was told by a Sarasota fan, he was injured. But there wasn't much of anything last year, just a few ABs I think......
    Cech has a slight back injury, but should be back in the Chelsea goal soon

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    he got hurt, then he got hurt again...once he was healthy, he got hurt again

Turn Off Ads?