Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals Free Agency and Trades Thread

Re: Bengals Free Agency and Trades Thread

Why didn't they franchise and trade TJ rather than just let him go w/o receiving any compensation? (Similar to what the Pats are doing with Cassel, although they may also consider holding onto him depending on Brady's rehab)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Any chance we sign Fred Taylor?

Gawd I hope not, which means it will probably happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Why didn't they franchise and trade TJ rather than just let him go w/o receiving any compensation? (Similar to what the Pats are doing with Cassel, although they may also consider holding onto him depending on Brady's rehab)
    first youre thinking out of the box when you say trade, this is the same team that passed on New Orleans whole draft and took Akili Smith and was offered Washington's 1st for 2 years and passed, second TJ wouldnt been this years Chad if they wouldve franchised him, me personally Im tired of the crybaby crap every year and I dont care if they go 0-16, just let the crying stop already.

I don't have a problem franchising Graham, I'm not really interested in the Bengals trying to find another decent kicker. There are way more pressing needs.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I don't have a problem franchising Graham, I'm not really interested in the Bengals trying to find another decent kicker. There are way more pressing needs.
    I agree imagine the Bengals with their 1 scout trying to draft the right kicker, everybody forgets how long it took them to get Graham, anyone remember Travis Dorsch

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I agree imagine the Bengals with their 1 scout trying to draft the right kicker, everybody forgets how long it took them to get Graham, anyone remember Travis Dorsch
    I was fooled on that one, I thought Dorsch was going to be good.

Epic fail
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Graham is arguably the best active kicker in the NFL, so he was probably seeking to be the highest-paid K in the NFL. By franchising him, the Bengals might have saved some money.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Graham is arguably the best active kicker in the NFL, so he was probably seeking to be the highest-paid K in the NFL. By franchising him, the Bengals might have saved some money.
    What's his FG% in the playoffs?

What's his FG% in the playoffs?
    He's one-for-one on FGs and two-for-two on XPs. You can't beat perfection.

In clutch situations, however, his FG percentage is typically as good as Brad St. Louis' snaps. According to bengals.com, with the chance to take the lead in the fourth quarter, Graham is 7-for-9, and with the chance to tie the game in the fourth quarter he's 3-for-4.

Hold on... am I going crazy or did he not miss a FG in the playoff game versus the Stealers in 2005???

Hold on... am I going crazy or did he not miss a FG in the playoff game versus the Stealers in 2005???
    Are you thinking of the botched snap immediately before half?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Are you thinking of the botched snap immediately before half?
    Is that what happened? I was thinking it was a shank by Shane for some reason. (And I was at the game! Haha, pretty sad)

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    And Lord knows the Bengals' are good at doing that. $11 mil+ under last year and $25mm under the cap currently. (bef rookie/injury settlement dollars)

Yep couldn't have signed him last season after cutting Rudi and Willie, and using that cap room this year instead. I guess they weren't sure yet if he was worth keeping then? <shrug>

I don't see anything changing.

Is that what happened? I was thinking it was a shank by Shane for some reason. (And I was at the game! Haha, pretty sad)
    http://www.whiotv.com/sports/5936835/detail.html

Are you thinking of the next season when Graham's miss against the Steelers sent the game to overtime where, after a Santonio Holmes waltz through our secondary, we were eliminated from playoff contention?

Turn Off Ads?