Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Bengals Free Agency and Trades Thread

Re: Bengals Free Agency and Trades Thread

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    major announcement tomorrow by the Bengals

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...009-preseason/
    Probably the hard knocks thing that we already knew about. Is it me or does the Bengals entire offseason seem to be a proactive way to ensure ticket sales for the season? I mean the only thing that could even be construed as a bad thing is losing TJ or keeping Chad and they weren't really in control of the former.

Perhaps they have dealt Chad to the Cards for Anquan Boldin, that would work as well I suppose.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Probably the hard knocks thing that we already knew about. Is it me or does the Bengals entire offseason seem to be a proactive way to ensure ticket sales for the season? I mean the only thing that could even be construed as a bad thing is losing TJ or keeping Chad and they weren't really in control of the former.

Perhaps they have dealt Chad to the Cards for Anquan Boldin, that would work as well I suppose.
    I'm not one of them but given the amount of money he signed for and our lack of depth at OL, some see losing Stacy Andrews as a bad thing.

Predict what Chad will say to Hard Knock camera's

I cant wait for Chadetta to show up to camp, he'll probably come walking in right with the HBO crew. I can see him walking backwards right in front of HBO as they come thru Georgetown's gates. What kinda of smack will spew from this idiot to get our opponents riled up? Typical Chad quote will be, "Im back yall, you cant check me!" His writers are hard at work prepping him for new original catchy T.O. punchline one liners. Im sick already thinking about this, there wont be a tent big enough for this circus.

UT OH! Brat's playbook leaked onto the web

I cant believe this was leaked we are doomed

1st series

2nd series

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post

Actually I think this is the best off season the Bengals have had since the Palmer draft year. IMO they have acted like a good front office with their moves. The only move/non-move that I could complain about is the whole CJ decision. But I think the market was significantly lower than anyone could have predicted and a healthy CJ would be a better return than a draft pick the Bengals could have gotten.

Good front offices let TJ walk this off season. You don't give a multi year deal to a position WR who has lost a step and is entering his early to mid 30's. He has also proven over the last two years that he is starting to become a WR diva. Then they go out and get a similar replacement for significantly less money. It was actually a very smart decision except in the mind of the TJ fans.

pulled these from bengals.com

Crazy Rey getting instructions from FitzGerald.

Andre Smith and Michael Johnson going at it!

Clinton McDonald pulling a fast one on Ryan Madison.

Rey going through a drill.

The big fella catching his breath

Bernard Scott hitting the hole!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Smith was holding in that picture.

Just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

Just a little bit.
    It's not a penalty unless they call it.

I really, really, really hope that Andre Smith works out. (Hahaha, just thought to myself, this has two meanings... I originally meant that I hope he is a productive tackle for the Bengals for many years and not a bust, but I guess you could take it another way as well... )

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

Just a little bit.
    If Im not mistaken, OLs can grab jersey if the hands are inside anywhere outside is holding

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    If Im not mistaken, OLs can grab jersey if the hands are inside anywhere outside is holding
    I think that is the general thought behind the holding call. If you keep your hands inside the official isn't going to call a penalty. If you move your hands outside it is more obvious and a flag is likely to come flying.

Cowboys cut Ellis per rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=144552

Cowboys released OLB/DE Greg Ellis.
    The anticipated move clears $5.6 million in cap room, likely setting up Dallas to strike a long-term accord with contract-year OLB DeMarcus Ware. Ellis is 34, but showed that he can still play by posting eight sacks last season. He'd be best utilized as a rotational end in a 4-3 defense. The Bengals, Rams, Jaguars, and Redskins would all be smart to give him a look.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    This guy is washed up.

Awful signing at an awful price. Good luck with continued mediocrity Mr. Brown and the rest of Cincinnati. This is why you suck.

Turn Off Ads?