Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals Free Agency and Trades Thread

Re: Bengals Free Agency and Trades Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Just wait for this season. He's a cancer waiting to happen. He drops a lot of passes and is 1 or 2 years away completely fading away from the NFL.

This signing reeks of desperation.
    116 times thrown to 8 drops, I can live with those numbers. I would have liked to have kept TJ and the 7 million per year should have been offered at the beginning of last year. Unfortunately we are dealing with Mike Brown here. Much rather have a tandem of Coles and Cinco than Cinco and Henry.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Long term, not really a good signing.

Short term, Carson Palmer is going to be, if healthy, the best QB Coles has ever had throwing to him. If both hold up over the course of the season, I think Coles could have a 80-90 catch season with close to 1000 yards and over 5+ TD's. That and I think Chad would become a feature receiver again and possibly be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

There is no long term in the NFL.

Especially if next year remains uncapped, they can move the bonus to next year if I'm not mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Just wait for this season. He's a cancer waiting to happen. He drops a lot of passes and is 1 or 2 years away completely fading away from the NFL.

This signing reeks of desperation.
    T.J. is a cancer? Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    T.J. is a cancer? Based on what?
    I believe he was referring to Lavernaeus Coles.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I believe he was referring to Lavernaeus Coles.
    Ooooohhhhh ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It should be noted that Lavernaeus Coles was involved in a shoplifting incident at a Dillards when he was at Florida State. Ironically enough, guess who else was involved?

Peter Warrick.

For some reason, I imagine hearing Al Michael's voice when I read "Lavernaeus Coles".
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    It should be noted that Lavernaeus Coles was involved in a shoplifting incident at a Dillards when he was at Florida State. Ironically enough, guess who else was involved?

Peter Warrick.
    Warrick was more involved than Coles and guess who FSU pinned the blame on?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    116 times thrown to 8 drops, I can live with those numbers. I would have liked to have kept TJ and the 7 million per year should have been offered at the beginning of last year. Unfortunately we are dealing with Mike Brown here. Much rather have a tandem of Coles and Cinco than Cinco and Henry.
    Chad - Doesn't want to be in Cincy
    Henry - 1 drink away from being banned for life
    Coles - 1 concussion away from being out for a substantial amount of time given his past history. Not to mention his locker room presence

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

And Benson still needs to show me something. He averages 3.5 yards/carry. Rudi could've done that for us.

I am no more optimistic about next season than I was last season. I love the Bengals, but cannot allow myself to emotionally invest in this organization until it shows that it wants to WIN (not "be competitive").

I don't mind this move, especially as disaster insurance.

1. Replaces TJ
    2. Provides insurance on Chad Ocho Loco
    3. Provides insurance on Chris Drunky
    4. Provides insurance against the young receivers being busts.

2, 3, and 4 are all very possible. I don't want Carson stuck throwing to Holt, Perry, and Watson.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

If the argument is that we needed someone better than TJ for the money, I don't buy it. Coles is faster, and has a better YPC than TJ, but they are similar in age and talent. (although Coles wasn't high on most FA lists)

If the argument is that TJ needed to go because he decided that he didn't want to be here, then I can live with that. Coles, at least, should almost replace his production and stretch the field also. Its tremendously better then trying to rely on the young guys and the walking misdemeanor that is Chris Henry. At least they had a plan to replace TJ. That's more than I gave them credit for.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Coles is the kind of signing a real life NFL team might make. I'm surprised.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Coles is the kind of signing a real life NFL team might make. I'm surprised.
    This. Seriously.

Obviously, the Bengals need to upgrade at several positions, but I really doubt the Bengals aren't trying to improve the offensive line. If you have an impact player willing to sign with your team, as long as the price is right, you sign him, and that's what the Bengals did. It's not like signing Coles will prevent the Bengals from signing an impact lineman they could have had at a reasonable price.

Turn Off Ads?