Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arod linked to steroid usage

Arod linked to steroid usage

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Click the link to read about the latest cheating dog. Ban them all for life. It disgusts me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arod linked to steroid usage

i say, take the opposite approach, make it mandatory that they all take roids. If all MLB players are on the juice then it cant be cheating.

It's so hard to draw a punishment line here. Back then, some of that garbage was legal, I'm not sure why. That's where baseball really messed up. But if I'm a player in the late 90s-early 2000s, I'm sure there is great temptation to try this legal drug that makes you stronger and better. All the more impressive are Adam Dunn's numbers with all these home run hitter allegations coming to fruition, that is, unless he was roided out, which there is no reason to believe.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Makes Dunn and Griffey look more amazing
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Doesnt surprise me at all. Now we can put an asteric beside his name when he passes Bonds.

I hate Bonds but its looking like he was in the majority not the minority. Steroids or not Big Mac and Sammy saved this game and they shouldnt be punished for doing what everone else was.

Makes the Yankee A-Fraud phrase seem so much more truthful.

I'm more interested in the 104 other names that failed a drug test.

The only way that baseball is ever going to "clean up" its act is if they are abjectly humiliated, if fans stop going, and if it starts to hurt their bottom line. Money is the only thing that they will listen to (especially A-Rod) and if the owners and players start losing money because of then maybe they will get serious.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

It seems like its becoming more clear that probably most of the players in the last ten years have taken steroids. Pitchers included. If more then half did, which im betting they did, I think you just have to accept it and move on. you cant ban everyone.

Junior is looking better and better everyday.

I say no Hall of Fame for A-Rod, since we really don't know when he started. Bonds is tougher choice, since it is clear when he started, and he had a Hall of Fame career if you only count the years he was clean.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Makes Dunn and Griffey look more amazing
    How's that?

If true, this is another big blow for baseball.

Another guy potentially vying for the all-time homerun record with tainted numbers. It's sad to see, but not in the least surprising

Whos to say Dunn or Griffey werent one of the other 103?

I think we need to just move on. The entire era is tainted. That said, it starts to make one question why Pete Rose can't be in the HOF but a lot of juicers will be.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    I think we need to just move on. The entire era is tainted. That said, it starts to make one question why Pete Rose can't be in the HOF but a lot of juicers will be.
    Agree wholeheartedly. I'm in the camp that you can't go back in time; you just have to accept the steroid era for what it was. I think MLB has taken the right steps toward fixing the problem in today's game, but at the time we just didn't know enough about the problem to be able to fix it.

As for Rose, he didn't cheat at the game; he used it for financial game. Wrong, yes. Against the rules, yes. Should he have been suspended, yes. But it's time to look at that case again in context of some of the things players are getting away with today.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Whos to say Dunn or Griffey werent one of the other 103?
    Does Dunn look like he needs steroids? lol

And Griffey's years in Cincinnati are proof that he was clean, or if he was using them, they weren't working. Steroids are supposed to make you stronger and faster, not fatter and slower as in Griffey's case. And aren't your power numbers supposed to go up with PED use? It seems that Griffey's were the only ones to go down as he got older, the way it was with everyone before PED's were created.
    Last edited by TheNext44; 02-07-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Turn Off Ads?