Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arod linked to steroid usage

Re: Arod linked to steroid usage

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    I think we need to just move on. The entire era is tainted. That said, it starts to make one question why Pete Rose can't be in the HOF but a lot of juicers will be.
    There is not a sign in every clubhouse stating NO STERIOD use, there is a sign in every clubhouse saying NO GAMBLING. Pete got what he deserved.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I'm more interested in the 104 other names that failed a drug test. ...
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    What a shocker.

x2

Could there possibly be a bigger name than A-Rod. He was the great hope to clean up the record books. Now it appears that baseball will have to wait longer to have this mess cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Does Dunn look like he needs steroids? lol

And Griffey's years in Cincinnati are proof that he was clean, or if he was using them, they weren't working. Steroids are supposed to make you stronger and faster, not fatter and slower as in Griffey's case. And aren't your power numbers supposed to go up with PED use? It seems that Griffey's were the only ones to go down as he got older, the way it was with everyone before PED's were created.
    There are plenty of guys who have tested for steriods that obviously didnt put up big numbers. Because your on steriods doesnt mean your ripped and doesnt mean other injuries cant off set what you've gained.

I did not say Dunn or Griffey used steriods but at my point is a lot of people just assumed they didnt.........same was for A-Rod before this happend. I remember last season a sportscaster commenting that A-Rod was obviously not one of those guys tainted......wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    It seems like its becoming more clear that probably most of the players in the last ten years have taken steroids. Pitchers included. If more then half did, which im betting they did, I think you just have to accept it and move on. you cant ban everyone.
    Why not?

Both the players and MLB itself have played us like a fiddle for years. They knew exactly what was going on but were making too much money to care. Now that more and more allegations are out, they are in damage control mode and don't want to hurt their bottom line. They will not truly change anything unless absolutely forced.

If anyone thinks that the game is currently clean, bless their hearts. Players may need to try harder to hide their use, but any good chemist can get around some simple urine tests.

I normally side with the players union on most issues, but here they really dropped the ball. They have been protecting too many criminals for too long. I'm putting most of this at their feet.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    It seems like its becoming more clear that probably most of the players in the last ten years have taken steroids. Pitchers included. If more then half did, which im betting they did, I think you just have to accept it and move on. you cant ban everyone.
    I would. Steroids is going to take a lot more from baseball than it gave in the long run. I would opine that it already has. 61 was a magic number. 61 is gone now. Forever. And that magic number has disappeared all because players decided to cheat. 755 is gone as well. I am willing to bet that a large percentage of people who call themselves baseball fans no longer know what the current record is for lifetime home runs. Honestly, I don't. I would have to look it up. So now the numbers 73 and 762 have wrongfully taken their place in the record books. Does anyone care? Does anyone feel those are legitimate records? 73 will probably be there forever without the aid of steroids. And if any player ever does threaten that number, somewhere down the line, the whispers will begin. What is he on? That is what steroids has done to baseball. Throw the cheating dogs out of the game. Not for 50 games or a 100 games or a season. Throw them out forever. They have stolen something that baseball will never get back.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    There is not a sign in every clubhouse stating NO STERIOD use, there is a sign in every clubhouse saying NO GAMBLING. Pete got what he deserved.

Man, someone alway has to pick on Pete. Pete didn't cheat. The winningest player ever, the holder of more records than anyone, and all steroid free, and he's picked on because he made bets.

Good. Couldn't have happened to a more condescending jerk. The Bronx Zoo is back in effect. Yankees got this circus for 9 more years..............:

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

NY Daily News writer says A-Rod is a bust for the Hall of Fame chances

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba..._to_baseb.html
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

This is simply never going to end and baseball will just never be the same. Very sad.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    This is simply never going to end and baseball will just never be the same. Very sad.
    The game has survived worse things happening to it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MojoRisin View Post
    Man, someone alway has to pick on Pete. Pete didn't cheat. The winningest player ever, the holder of more records than anyone, and all steroid free, and he's picked on because he made bets.
    He is picked on because he is an arrogant fool who thumbed his nose at the fans and MLB in general. Pete is a bad guy who got what he deserved.

Personally I wish all players to take steroids and to throw harder and hit the ball farther and harder.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He is picked on because he is an arrogant fool who thumbed his nose at the fans and MLB in general. Pete is a bad guy who got what he deserved.

A lifetime ban, yeah, but not banisment from the Hall of Fame. His accomplisments between the lines speak for themselves. I know that "morality" is a very important trait, but there are lots of guys in the HOF that are scumbags as human beings.

Turn Off Ads?