Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds on MLB Network Tonight

Haunted by walks

Re: Reds on MLB Network Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Did anyone watch MLB Network last night from 10:00 to 11:00? Larkin and Casey were both on there which is awesome because they are bringing more attention to the Reds. Towards the end of the show they showed the Reds/Rays highlights and then the batting stance guy came on and impersonated the Big Red Machine hitters, and then did his Larkin and Casey impersonation. Then they followed by showing clips of Larkin and Casey from their playing days with the Reds.
    I thought the batting stance dude was great, but he didn't really do Casey justice. Of course, it would be a 10-minute segment on Casey alone if he had gone into all the things Casey did in the batter's box.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I thought the batting stance dude was great, but he didn't really do Casey justice. Of course, it would be a 10-minute segment on Casey alone if he had gone into all the things Casey did in the batter's box.
    Some things are better....just not shared....

The entire hour could have been the impersonation of Casey adjusting his batting gloves. The second hour could have been Casey running to first after a single.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Haunted by walks

Casey did make a joke about "and then I'd go into my really bad running style."

Matt Vasgersian was hosting the show with Larkin and Casey a few nights ago. He made note of all the ex-Reds in the studio and then joked that he was expecting Ron Oester and Hal Morris to show up anytime. Later he said he thought he saw Schottzie run through the studio with a skyline chilli strapped to its back. Pretty funny stuff. MLB Network is awesome. I've been pleased with how much exposure the Reds have been getting.

Just a heads up, at 1:30 today they are showing the Reds/Yankees 1961 World Series highlights.

This video of Crosley is great.

I did see Casey and Larkin too. Casey seems like a natural on the channel as a commentator. I didn't think he had it in him.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I did see Casey and Larkin too. Casey seems like a natural on the channel as a commentator. I didn't think he had it in him.
    I can't believe how good both of them are. Larkin was made for this. I just don't like his analysis of on the field strategy. "Homers are rally killers." That was a couple of years ago though.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Yeah. Whenever I've seen him, he's been really good.

Casey has been golden--he was born to do this--but I haven't been too crazy about Larkin, who is my favorite player of all-time. Having Larkin and Reynolds on the same panel seems kind of redundant to me.

Turn Off Ads?