Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should Bud Selig resign

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 82.81%
  • No

    11 17.19%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Bud Selig

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    415

    Bud Selig

    Should he resign as commissioner of baseball over the steriods issue/cover up because it happened under his watch?
    Last edited by Carin4Narron; 02-09-2009 at 12:25 PM.
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    539

    Re: Bud Selig

    Honestly I cant soley blame Bud on the steriods..........BUT everything else that has also happend under his reign makes him easily the worst commissioner ever. Baseball needs a baseball guy running things, of course the owners dont know anything about baseball themselves so that will never happen.

    Crazy salaries, no salary cap, strike, interleague play, too much expansion, stupid division tie coin flip rule that only wasnt changed till this comming season, All-Star game tie..........

  4. #3
    Member Moosie52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    577

    Re: Bud Selig

    Bud was an owner when performance enhancing drugs became commonplace. He's as much to blame as anyone who owned a team and benefitted from artificially improved performances.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    415

    Re: Bud Selig

    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    Bud was an owner when performance enhancing drugs became commonplace. He's as much to blame as anyone who owned a team and benefitted from artificially improved performances.
    Bingo,my friend
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ona,WV
    Posts
    117

    Re: Bud Selig

    He should resign for this reason and many more. He is terrible for the game.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    415

    Re: Bud Selig

    Quote Originally Posted by fourrunhomer View Post
    He should resign for this reason and many more. He is terrible for the game.
    Amen brother!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    133

    Re: Bud Selig

    No way! He's a beacon of integrity. Just cut his annual compensation from $17.5 milion to $15 miilion.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    1,362

    Re: Bud Selig

    Yes, he should resign because he's been horrible for the game. But, what can you expect from a former used car salesman?

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    180

    Re: Bud Selig

    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but you know who isn't a good commissioner...Bud Selig.


    http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

  11. #10
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,076

    Re: Bud Selig

    What Bud should have done was this. He should have unilaterally brought in the Olympic Drug Testing program which has been working hard for 20+ years on testing and dared the players to strike. Imagine the PR nightmare for the players. On one side, you could out half of your union for the frauds and cheats that they are, or you fight and look like you are defending steroids and steroid users. It is a lose lose situation for the players and a win win for baseball.

    I do understand Bud's position. He was trying to recover from the '94 strike and didn't want WWII with the union. I'm sure that most of us put in that position would have shut our mouth and taken the cash.

    BTW, if Bud ever does resign, who would replace him? I have stated in the past on this board that I think George W. Bush will take over. He loves the game and isn't really doing much right now.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: Bud Selig

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    What Bud should have done was this. He should have unilaterally brought in the Olympic Drug Testing program which has been working hard for 20+ years on testing and dared the players to strike. Imagine the PR nightmare for the players. On one side, you could out half of your union for the frauds and cheats that they are, or you fight and look like you are defending steroids and steroid users. It is a lose lose situation for the players and a win win for baseball.

    I do understand Bud's position. He was trying to recover from the '94 strike and didn't want WWII with the union. I'm sure that most of us put in that position would have shut our mouth and taken the cash.

    BTW, if Bud ever does resign, who would replace him? I have stated in the past on this board that I think George W. Bush will take over. He loves the game and isn't really doing much right now.
    Actually LEADING would have hurt the owner's bottom line... hence why it was never done and probably will never be done. Bud's in the office because he was good at making the owner's bottom lines nice and phat. Granted we as fans took it in the rump but very few will argue that owners got a great deal out of Bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    869

    Re: Bud Selig

    He's had some good and bad, but his bad is REALLY bad.

  14. #13
    Member Captain Hook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    columbus,ohio
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: Bud Selig

    I just wish he would go back to running the Brew Crew so the Reds would have 2 teams they could finish ahead of.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    619

    Re: Bud Selig

    Can anyone name one good thing Bud Selig has done for Baseball? Does it justify the 17.5 million dollar contract?

    BTW, how many years has he been making that kind of salary? What is happening to this freakin' world?

  16. #15
    Member redsfandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,533

    Re: Bud Selig

    I wish I had checked the vote results before I voted just so I'd know who voted to keep him.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25