Turn Off Ads?

Thread: pitchers and catchers report in a week...

pitchers and catchers report in a week...

But imagine ST has just ended.

Pick one thing to go wrong, just one and your solution to fix it. Here is mine.

AGon has a relapse the first week of ST and is out indefinitely.

My solution is shift BP to SS and sign Ray Durham to a one year 3mil deal.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: pitchers and cathers report in a week...

Did you mean pitchers and catheters? :

Re: pitchers and cathers report in a week...

do'h!

Re: pitchers and catchers report in a week...

Well I like your solution but would substitute Orlando Hudson for Ray Durham.

In an ideal world, sure.

But Durham will come much cheaper, and likely will hit really well in GABP. Plus you could get him for a one year deal. Hudson probably not.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Problem: Edinson Volquez tears his rotator cuff and requires season ending (perhaps career ending) surgery. Hey, when I plan for failure, I plan for BIG failure... :

Solution: Take the best TWO of Bailey, Owings, and Ramirez north with the team.

I think this shows that our pitching depth may be a strength for this team... There may be times this season when a starter has to skip a few starts and we don't miss a beat while our young talent gets broken in slowly.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    But imagine ST has just ended.

Pick one thing to go wrong, just one and your solution to fix it. Here is mine.

AGon has a relapse the first week of ST and is out indefinitely.

My solution is shift BP to SS and sign Ray Durham to a one year 3mil deal.
    I like your idea. I actually thought about that last week when I was reading an article on espn.com about how Durham still doesn't have a job. Too bad our organization would never even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I like your idea. I actually thought about that last week when I was reading an article on espn.com about how Durham still doesn't have a job. Too bad our organization would never even consider it.
    That article was the idea for the thread. He's more than solid offensively and would be a very good bridge to Valaika. Now scouts lately seem to think Valaika can stick at SS defensively, but it's doubtful he'd have BP's range.

win/win.

That article was the idea for the thread. He's more than solid offensively and would be a very good bridge to Valaika. Now scouts lately seem to think Valaika can stick at SS defensively, but it's doubtful he'd have BP's range.

win/win.
    Do you remember how many doubles Durham posted last year? It was a ridiculous number in under 400 at bats. We could CERTAINLY use his bat at the top of our lineup somewhere.

In an ideal world, sure.

But Durham will come much cheaper, and likely will hit really well in GABP. Plus you could get him for a one year deal. Hudson probably not.
    I'm fine with Durham too.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Do you remember how many doubles Durham posted last year? It was a ridiculous number in under 400 at bats. We could CERTAINLY use his bat at the top of our lineup somewhere.
    He had 35 doubles but that is the most he has had since 2001. It also ties the second most he has had in his whole career. Might not represent what can be expected in the future.

Does anyone know about his defensive decline?
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Jacques Jones has a good spring and Dusty gives him the LF job, and he bats second behind Tavares with Phillips in the 3 hole...I have no solution seeing as Jones is already in camp and Dusty is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Jacques Jones has a good spring and Dusty gives him the LF job, and he bats second behind Tavares with Phillips in the 3 hole...I have no solution seeing as Jones is already in camp and Dusty is going nowhere.
    Holy crap. Our OBP as a team this season might be lower than Corey Patterson's was last season.

Turn Off Ads?