Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's tips

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Valentine's tips

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Well, I suppose it may not necessarily be one in the most traditional sense... But yeah.. Electronica music, DJ's, lasers, fog machines, black lights, dancing.. Amongst other things.
    What about glowsticks?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    What about glowsticks?
    Glowsticks?

Oh yes, there will be glowsticks my friend.

You won't see me sporting any, however.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Still here. Sitting at the Flying J in Aurora.
    I know the flying j.. Don't ask me how.. I currently work in aurora, we were within 10 miles of each other easy...

Whoa.. Heh.

Turned out to be a nice day today, but they say another storm is here Thursday..

You need to find better places to hang out.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Next Year

Here's the idea I came up with: got one of those electronic picture frames that can do a slide show. I'm gonna put a bunch of couples pictures of us on it with little cutsey captions.

That oughta keep her buttered up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My wife and I have an understanding: we don't do any Hallmark holidays and she's fine with including Valentine's Day as one of those. We don't do Sweetest Day, Boss' Day, Secretary's Day....
    So, which one of you is the boss and which one is the secretary?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

The WilyMoRocks special - 30 pack of Natty Light and a sack of White Castles.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    WilyMo, the pompatus of love.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Break up a week before, like me and the girly-friend did. It really takes the Valentines Day pressure off!

Love stinks...yeah, yeah...
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Break up a week before, like me and the girly-friend did. It really takes the Valentines Day pressure off!

Love stinks...yeah, yeah...
    Maybe it was your second earlobe..

Seriously though, I am sorry to hear of your woes, good buddy.. I hope your heart mends soon.

-Hunter S. Thompson

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

It's rough for a freak like me to get some play!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I used to not celebrate any of these days, however, as I age I tend to appreciate them more.

I let my wife know I love her in many ways throughout the year, but I don't have a problem having a few special days where I go the extra mile on a specific day to reinforce it. Being married, it's easy enough to fall into a rut, these days make a good reminder that it's time to shake things up a bit and remind her that she is more than a Mom or my room mate
    That hits it on the head for me too. The rut gets deep w/3 kids. I love them dearly, but everyone needs sometime off and have some conversation that doesn't have anything to do with Elmo, diapers, bottles, etc.

We usually go out (w/o kids) and have a dinner together, maybe a movie. A couple of $2.50 chocolate strawberries, and its all good.

It doesn't take a ton of effort, but its worth it, in my case.
    I took 5 min. to call for a reservation last week (do it early) and I'm all set.
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    ... that she pays for.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Last year I gave my wife tickets to the ballet at the Kennedy Center. I told her that was her Valentine's present for the next ten years. So I'm good until 2018. I think.....
    I need help here...

The wife has been hammering me for the last year about going to the ballet. I put it off for a while, but I figure if I am going to go I might as well go on Valentine's Day, so I booked us two tickets to see Cinderella at the Kentucky Center for the Arts.

My only question is this...what do I wear? I really have no idea. Do I need to wear a suit? What did you wear? What is proper ballet attire?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I need help here...

The wife has been hammering me for the last year about going to the ballet. I put it off for a while, but I figure if I am going to go I might as well go on Valentine's Day, so I booked us two tickets to see Cinderella at the Kentucky Center for the Arts.

My only question is this...what do I wear? I really have no idea. Do I need to wear a suit? What did you wear? What is proper ballet attire?
    flip flops and cut off shorts should work.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I need help here...

There will be people dressed all sorts of ways at the ballet (or opera or symphony). It seems there really is hardly a standard anymore, but you are likely to see a fair number of people who still dress up. You can put an exclamation point on the occasion for you and the missus by dressing nicely; you can NEVER be wrong with a tie and jacket.

Or go with the flip flop suggestion and see how that works out.

Turn Off Ads?