Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's tips

Re: Valentine's tips

Last year I gave my wife tickets to the ballet at the Kennedy Center. I told her that was her Valentine's present for the next ten years. So I'm good until 2018. I think.....
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Top Ten Places for Singles to Avoid on Valentine's Day

Just an FYI for any of the other single folks on this board. I'll be avoiding what I've termed 'Black Saturday' by watching some DVDs and going through pictures of my recent vacation which I've been putting off for a while and needs to get done anyway. It's nice that some of you guys do special things for your sig others on V-Day.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I have to work...

then me and the wife are hitting up a "rave" for ol times sake.

Should be interesting.
    I'm trying to get a load out of your neck of the woods so I can make it home in time. My wife's not much into Valentine's Day, but we usually just go out somewhere for a decent dinner.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

My wife asked me the dreaded question this morning, "What are we doing for Valentine's Day."

I said we have gift certificates for Buffalo Wild Wings! She wasn't impressed. I am vexed......
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    You're a woman aren't you? Or at least not married...

Leaving me alone in my cave, (and maybe supplying me with food, beer, or both!) DOES show me she loves me.

I usually give my wife breakfast in bed on Valentine's Day and since it's a weekend this year, I'll watch the kids and let her sleep in. I also give her and each of my daughters a rose and a note telling them what I love about each of them. Maybe I'll enlist the daughters to help make heart-shaped French Toast (my wife's favorite breakfast)
    All man here, pal.

I suppose you're right. Let me watch the game in peace without distractions is a pretty good present.

My wife and I have an understanding: we don't do any Hallmark holidays and she's fine with including Valentine's Day as one of those. We don't do Sweetest Day, Boss' Day, Secretary's Day, Grandparent's Day and any others I might have missed. Normally we go out on Saturday night but no way will we venture out this Saturday night. This Valentine's Day we'll go to a friend's house and drink beer, eat pizza and sort boxes of girl scout cookies.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Always bring protection

You dont know how many crazy thugs are out there on valentine's day
    That's why you gotta roll with Edinson Volquez.

He rolls dirty.

We'll be spending the weekend at her parents' house helping her mom recover from some surgery.

We're also pricing out a kitchen remodel. Thus, there is an agreement that Valentine's Day is to be a low key event.

(As is, I'm hoping, Mother's Day, her birthday, and our anniversary which all fall within about 4 weeks of each other every spring/summer, or about the time the kitchen project will be done...)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    We'll be spending the weekend at her parents' house helping her mom recover from some surgery.

We're also pricing out a kitchen remodel. Thus, there is an agreement that Valentine's Day is to be a low key event.

(As is, I'm hoping, Mother's Day, her birthday, and our anniversary which all fall within about 4 weeks of each other every spring/summer, or about the time the kitchen project will be done...)

I just went through a kitchen remodel 15fan and settled on new cabinets from Ikea. I'm very happy with them and they were quite affordable.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I just went through a kitchen remodel 15fan and settled on new cabinets from Ikea. I'm very happy with them and they were quite affordable.
    Cool. IKEA does indeed rule. I only wish that we had one around here when we first got out of college.

It looks like we're going to be able to match our existing cabinets in the renovation. Previous owner did a small renovation about 6-7 years ago. We're looking to replace the granite, and extend the counter by bricking in an exterior door that never gets used. If we can pull that off, that will save us a good chunk of change by not having to replace all of the cabinets.

My wife's employer also has a deal where she can buy GE appliances for 40% off list price, so we'll definitely be taking advantage of that perk.
    Last edited by 15fan; 02-10-2009 at 10:09 PM.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Because it falls on the weekend, I need to be up early. We planned actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    They still have raves?
    Well, I suppose it may not necessarily be one in the most traditional sense... But yeah.. Electronica music, DJ's, lasers, fog machines, black lights, dancing.. Amongst other things.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I'm trying to get a load out of your neck of the woods so I can make it home in time. My wife's not much into Valentine's Day, but we usually just go out somewhere for a decent dinner.
    Hope you make it ORH! Don't get caught in this front that's moved through tonight.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Aren't we exempt, being married and all? That's my excuse and it's been working now for 17 years.
    coming up on 15 for us.

And hell yeah we ought to be exempt. I don't need a specific day to say "I love you". Any day ending in Y will do.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Hope you make it ORH! Don't get caught in this front that's moved through tonight.
    Still here. Sitting at the Flying J in Aurora.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?