Thread: Valentine's tips

Re: Valentine's tips

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    One water, two straws.
    ewwww

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Especially since Valentine's Day is on Saturday this year. Nothing says "I love you" like waiting three hours for a table at Olive Garden.
    Nothing says " I love you" like never taking someone to the Olive Garden for any reason.
    School's out. What did you expect?

My wife doesn't like cut flowers. She'd rather get something that will live more than a couple days.

When Valentines Day is during the week, I'll make a meatloaf in the shape of a heart. I draw a heart on top with ketchup. What a romantic I am

If its on a Sat. night, we'll make a nice dinner at home with a nice bottle of wine, a fire in the fireplace, and a good DVD. My wife will fall asleep about 10 and I'll watch the movie and polish off the wine.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Nothing says " I love you" like never taking someone to the Olive Garden for any reason.
    Personally I like to munch on breadsticks for a while, suck back a few waters, and then tell the girl it's time to go before the waiter comes around for the 5th time to see if we're "still deciding."

It's a classy way to show a girl a good time.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I have to work...

then me and the wife are hitting up a "rave" for ol times sake.

Should be interesting.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I have to work...

then me and the wife are hitting up a "rave" for ol times sake.

Should be interesting.
    They still have raves?

Another no no for you younger guys. My wife was not happy with her gift last year. She hinted she wanted a new vehicle but was not at all happy with the broom I got her to ride on. It had the soft rubber handle and everything! They can be so confusing sometimes, say one thing, mean another.......
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Let's face it, Valentine's Day is an event for women that are married or have a boyfriend. It means a LOT to them. (Single women seem to loathe the day.) Basically, men have to go to extraordinary means to show their love to the woman in their life.

So what's the special day for men? What day do women have to show their love to us? Or do men simply not need to have the display?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    So what's the special day for men?
    Wouldn't most say Super Bowl Sunday or, here, Opening Day (especially if it coincides with the NCAA final?

High five!

Let's face it, Valentine's Day is an event for women that are married or have a boyfriend. It means a LOT to them. (Single women seem to loathe the day.) Basically, men have to go to extraordinary means to show their love to the woman in their life.

So what's the special day for men? What day do women have to show their love to us? Or do men simply not need to have the display?
    In Japan they have that. There's Valentine's Day for the ladies and then "White Day" for the guys.

It was, of course, started by the candy making industry!

Senor Votto

Always bring protection

You dont know how many crazy thugs are out there on valentine's day

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I used to not celebrate any of these days, however, as I age I tend to appreciate them more.

I let my wife know I love her in many ways throughout the year, but I don't have a problem having a few special days where I go the extra mile on a specific day to reinforce it. Being married, it's easy enough to fall into a rut, these days make a good reminder that it's time to shake things up a bit and remind her that she is more than a Mom or my room mate.

For me it's literally as easy as paying a bit of attention during the year and making a few notes in a notebook I keep at work. If she's flipping through a magazine and makes a comment, I put up a bit of a conversation, make a mental note, and put it on the list the next day. She's happy that I am showing some interest in a day-to-day fashion as well as being surprised when she receives a token of my appreciation from time-to-time that demonstrates that I took the care to remember something of interest to her.

GL
    Last edited by gonelong; 02-10-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I've actually managed to never be attached to anyone for a Valentine's Day.

I don't know whether I should be happy about that or close my office door and sob softly to myself.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Wouldn't most say Super Bowl Sunday or, here, Opening Day (especially if it coincides with the NCAA final?
    I see the point, but Valentine's Day is essentially "show me that you love me by doing something special for me." Super Bowl Sunday or Opening Day is pretty much "Let me watch the game. Thanks."

One involves actively doing something for the woman. The other involves leaving the man alone.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I see the point, but Valentine's Day is essentially "show me that you love me by doing something special for me." Super Bowl Sunday or Opening Day is pretty much "Let me watch the game. Thanks."

One involves actively doing something for the woman. The other involves leaving the man alone.
    You're a woman aren't you? Or at least not married...

Leaving me alone in my cave, (and maybe supplying me with food, beer, or both!) DOES show me she loves me.

I usually give my wife breakfast in bed on Valentine's Day and since it's a weekend this year, I'll watch the kids and let her sleep in. I also give her and each of my daughters a rose and a note telling them what I love about each of them. Maybe I'll enlist the daughters to help make heart-shaped French Toast (my wife's favorite breakfast)

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?