Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Valentine's tips

Re: Valentine's tips

Last year I got one of those huge cards from Big Lots (probably at wal mart too)... they are about 3 ft tall lol pretty cool... makes buying 'just a card' acceptable because its huge. They are pretty cheap too, like $3 I think.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    They are pretty cheap too, like $3 I think.
    Because nothing says "Be my Valentine" like spending as little money as possible.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I need help here...

The wife has been hammering me for the last year about going to the ballet. I put it off for a while, but I figure if I am going to go I might as well go on Valentine's Day, so I booked us two tickets to see Cinderella at the Kentucky Center for the Arts.

My only question is this...what do I wear? I really have no idea. Do I need to wear a suit? What did you wear? What is proper ballet attire?
    It's ballet so obviously you wear a leotard.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

I need help here...

The wife has been hammering me for the last year about going to the ballet. I put it off for a while, but I figure if I am going to go I might as well go on Valentine's Day, so I booked us two tickets to see Cinderella at the Kentucky Center for the Arts.

My only question is this...what do I wear? I really have no idea. Do I need to wear a suit? What did you wear? What is proper ballet attire?
    Just saw this. I wore a suit and tie but it was the Kennedy Center and that is pretty much expected there if you go to the ballet. A funny story about this. I kidded my wife about wearing a ball cap to the ballet with my suit. She said it they wouldn't allow and she would kill me if I did. Well we got to our seats and few minutes later a family came in front us to sit and the man was wearing a George Mason ball cap. I couldn't believe it and I told my wife,"see I could have worn my Kentucky cap!". She just rolled her eyes. The man did take it off after he sat down. Just really funny.
    Actually it was a good expierence to go. The featured dancers were from Russia and are considered the two of the best in world. They are husband and wife but I don't remember their names. The names were about two miles long. FWIW,Sleeping Beauty was the theme of the ballet.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I need help here...

I think a shirt, tie and slacks would be adequate.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think a shirt, tie and slacks would be adequate.

That's what you wore to that Miley Cyrus concert, isn't it?

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    That's what you wore to that Miley Cyrus concert, isn't it?

It was the best of both worlds.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

My wife and I are sanding and refinishing our wood floors on Valentine's Day. Love - and sawdust - will be in the air.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Buy her lots of chocolates. Get the good ones -- no Hershey, Russell Stover or Whitman's. Chocolates always get a girl in a good mood. Trust me, it works. There are mood-enhancing chemicals in chocolate.

This only works if you get candy with lots of real chocolate. Hershey contains hardly any real chocolate.

Somebody earlier suggested breakfast in bed with heart-shaped french toast. That is a great idea. Very easy and should pay off well. I will try that tomorrow if I can get my butt out of bed before noon.

Holy cow....this is the lousiest group of 'romantics' I could ever imagine.
    It's a good thing we can all talk some good baseball!

Nothing says romance on Valentines day like the top 5 Redszone suggestions....

1. Skip it
    2. White Castle
    3. Olive Garden
    4. Glowsticks
    5. Seriously, Skip it.

Ya'll better hope your wives/ girlfriends aren't checking your posts on RZ!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Holy cow....this is the lousiest group of 'romantics' I could ever imagine.
    It's a good thing we can all talk some good baseball!

Nothing says romance on Valentines day like the top 5 Redszone suggestions....

1. Skip it
    2. White Castle
    3. Olive Garden
    4. Glowsticks
    5. Seriously, Skip it.

Ya'll better hope your wives/ girlfriends aren't checking your posts on RZ!
    Probably just all talk. They'll all be out at after last call, scouring Walmart for a Whitman's sampler and a smarta$$ greeting card
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Quote Originally Posted by JBChance View Post
    Probably just all talk. They'll all be out at after last call, scouring Walmart for a Whitman's sampler and a smarta$$ greeting card
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I spent Valentine's Day with my parents at the Chicago Auto Show. We had a great time.

I'm late to the party here, but I want to chime in and say that Valentine's Day at White Castle is actually incredible, and I'm not being ironic. They put out tablecloths and candles and have table service, and they take a polaroid of each couple and stick it in a little souvenir card. I know a couple who goes there on Valentine's Day every year -- it's totally perfect for them, a way to celebrate something that they inherently think is ridiculous (and a cheap way to boot). I'd do it myself if I weren't vegetarian.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I'm late to the party here, but I want to chime in and say that Valentine's Day at White Castle is actually incredible, and I'm not being ironic. They put out tablecloths and candles and have table service, and they take a polaroid of each couple and stick it in a little souvenir card. I know a couple who goes there on Valentine's Day every year -- it's totally perfect for them, a way to celebrate something that they inherently think is ridiculous (and a cheap way to boot). I'd do it myself if I weren't vegetarian.
    Are you sure what White Castle serves is actually meat?

You might still be ok.

Turn Off Ads?