Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Jocketty were fired or retired today, who would you hire to replace him?

If Jocketty were fired or retired today, who would you hire to replace him?

Simple question: If Walt Jocketty was fired today or just decided to retire, who would you want the Reds to hire to replace him?

I would be thrilled with any of these three:

Jed Hoyer (Red Sox Assistant GM)
    Paul DePodesta (Padres Executive Vice President)
    Chris Antonetti (Indians Assistant GM)
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 02-10-2009 at 03:21 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If Jocketty were fired or retired today, who would you hire as Reds next GM?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Simple question: If Walt Jocketty was fired today or just decided to retire, who would you want the Reds to hire to replace him?

I would be thrilled with any of these three:

Jed Hoyer (Red Sox Assistant GM)
    Paul DePodesta (Padres Executive Vice President)
    Chris Antonetti (Indians Assistant GM)

Who would you want to see hired?
    Co GMs Bonifay and Bavasi!!!
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Re: If Jocketty were fired or retired today, who would you hire to replace him?

Kim Ng or Paul Depodesta.

Re: If Jocketty were fired or retired today, who would you hire as Reds next GM?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Co GMs Bonifay and Bavasi!!!
    Well that's the correct answer.

Recycle!
    Go Gators!

Branch Rickey or George Weiss

Otherwise let's quit playing revolving doors with the GM position.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Wayne Krivsky
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Branch Rickey or George Weiss

Otherwise let's quit playing revolving doors with the GM position.
    Does it appear to you that Walt might just be running out the clock?

I'm not quite sure, myself. Thing is, it didn't seem as though he was excited to have the job, and hedged a bit at the onset. Maybe that was more out of respect for Wayne Krivsky. Whatever it was made me feel as though he might not be in it 100%.

Do you think his replacements are already in house due to the hiring of Bavasi/Bonifay? Is he setting the franchise up for his departure and retirement in a year or so?

If the plan is to have Walt tread water for a year or two, and then hand the reigns over to the likes of Bavasi.....Well then I'm not sure this franchise will ever improve on the field.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Paul DePo
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Paul DePo
    me too and his first order of business would be to fill the newly vacant manager position
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Since it's not going to happen, I'll say Leatherpants.

Does it appear to you that Walt might just be running out the clock?
    The guy hasn't been on the job for a year yet.

Maybe the GM position isn't the position that hurts the Reds the most?

Bavasi will never GM a team again, never.

Man Pills

Now may be the time for getting a stat guy; if a candidate can come in here and guarantee a champion on an Expos' payroll, Castellini's gonna be all ears.

I could see them peeling off a guy from the Rays, as they are the latest symbol of victory on the cheap.

Aw, who am I kidding, it'll be some doof like Bavasi.

It will be Bavasi and/or Bonifay.

The Reds simply can't help shooting themselves in the foot. Especially with BCast brandishing the firearm.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    It will be Bavasi and/or Bonifay.

The Reds simply can't help shooting themselves in the foot. Especially with BCast brandishing the firearm.
    Bonifay has been so far away from relevance for so long even I can't see him getting the nod.

Turn Off Ads?