Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is Live!

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Re: Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is Live!

Hey Eric, As far as I'm concerned please feel free to go ahead and head (commish) an Auction League for those of us interested.

CBSsports.com 2010 Baseball fantasy leagues are now on line and just looking at what their Mock Drafts have to say about Auction Leagues is basically this: 24 Rounds, each player will nominate one player each round to their queue (list) within 20 seconds, you then have 15 seconds to post your highest bid price you want to make for that particular player (if you want him). You'll have an onscreen listing of players you have acquired with your high bids and the position(s) they play. Then simply fill out your roster carefuly using your $280 (imaginary) payroll spread over those 24 players. Also you'll see the running total of the amount you have spent / have left to spend. Be sure to use all of your $280 payroll because it serves no purpose to retain any of the fake dollars.

Count me in Eric and let me know when you sign up a league for us to join. Doesn't have to be CBS. They just happened to go live already. All others interested should make themselves available for the live online auction at the time the Commissioner (if Eric wants it and no objections) sets for us. You should let him know in advance what date (such as weekends rather than weekdays works best for you or vice versa and perhaps PM is better than am on a Saturday or Sunday or vice versa) wont work for you if you are going on vacation in Feb. or March for example.

Another good idea is to make your email addy available to the Commissioner in case your PM box is anywhere close to being full, like mine is, lol. Then when the league is formed, it's a good idea to share email addy's with all league members in order to help facilitate trades during the season.

I will contact you also Eric via PM now since I don't have your email address.

Looking Forward To A Great Auction League With Those Of You That Join In!!!

Jerry
    Vada Pinson Fan

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

I might be interested depending on the stats used.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I might be interested depending on the stats used.
    I like to stick to the classic 5x5 leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I like to stick to the classic 5x5 leagues.
    Same here.

I would be interested in a Yahoo!, 5x5, NL-only, rotisserie league. Anyone gonna volunteer to start one?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I would be interested in a Yahoo!, 5x5, NL-only, rotisserie league. Anyone gonna volunteer to start one?

Hey Redsfan320,

I may have 1 slot available in a league I commish but we are playing in an All-Universe, 1st year Keeper League (2nd Season of this league together however) 5X5 rotissierie format at Yahoo. The person we are looking for has to be a knowlegeable player, willing to stay the course regardless if that person is in first, last or any place in between for the entire season and beyond; since we are going into a keeper league. Don't know if drafting players from both leagues works for you but if you are interested send a PM to me: Vada Pinson Fan and tell me your interest level as well as your experience level from any previous fantasy seasons you may have played.

Anyone else reading this that would like to throw their hat into the ring, so to speak, by all means please do so. We have one player from last year that I'm in two leagues with and I haven't been able to reach him at all in quite a few attempts. So it looks 99.999% for sure that we need 1 more player. If my PM box becomes full feel free to email ro me at kingpoobah@yahoo.com and by the way Yahoo has not went live with their 2010 Fantasy Baseball Leagues and until they do, our league as a whole won't decide on a draft time until Yahoo goes online with their variety of Fantasy Baseball formats. ALSO- If you do email to me please be sure that you type in the "Subject" line something pertaining to this post of mine. Otherwise it would be considered spam and I wouldn't read it.

Thanks & Let me hear from you!

Jerry
    Last edited by Vada Pinson Fan; 02-01-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Sorry, Vada Pinson Fan, I appreciate the offer, but this would be my first year of play, so definitely not ready to

commit to a keeper league. I'd be looking for a 1 yr. league only.

Thanks though.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Not a problem RF320. You are right easing into fantasy baseball. Thanks for your reply and good luck! There's lots of public leagues (if you don't find Redszoners offering what you want) at Yahoo, CBS, ESPN, et al, so have fun. That's the main thing.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. I think I'll do a Yahoo! league. They've got a pretty good rep around here, and I checked out the

site myself and it looks pretty good.

Well, it's up.

I'm on board and ready to get working.

Are we having keepers from the league previously, or starting from scratch this year?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?