Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Robbie Alomar has full blown AIDS

Robbie Alomar has full blown AIDS

Per MLBTR

Alomar is being sued and has AIDS. Shocking. This may have been the best 2nd baseman of alltime.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/0...-alomar-a.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Robbie Alomar has full blown AIDS

I'm not sure what's more shocking. That he has AIDS or the allegations by his ex. I think baseball is overdue for some good news about one of their own for a change.

If this is all true...isn't he infamous for spitting in an umpires face??? Should the ump go get tested???

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    If this is all true...isn't he infamous for spitting in an umpires face??? Should the ump go get tested???
    AIDS is blood borne, so more than likely the ump is safe. However, if he actually had it at the time and knowingly spit in his face, then it's hard to believe a person could be that criminally irresponsible.

Let's be clear. We do not know if he has AIDS, just that someone is accusing him of it.
    She could be telling the truth, but we have not way to know how reliable a source she is, and the fact a $15M lawsuit is involved makes it difficult to know whose telling the truth.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Where there is smoke, there's fire. I think we will someday learn that Alomar indeed has AIDS.

I remember when I heard Eric Turner the former Cleveland Browns had stomach cancer and he said that he was healthy. Several weeks later he was dead. These guys are too proud often times to admit they're humans.

Just my personal opinion but I think he's probably got it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Where there is smoke, there's fire. I think we will someday learn that Alomar indeed has AIDS.

I remember when I heard Eric Turner the former Cleveland Browns had stomach cancer and he said that he was healthy. Several weeks later he was dead. These guys are too proud often times to admit they're humans.

Just my personal opinion but I think he's probably got it.
    Yeha, I noticed he said he is very healthy, but didn't come out and say he doesnt have AIDS either.

Quote Originally Posted by BPhillips4 View Post
    AIDS is blood borne, so more than likely the ump is safe. However, if he actually had it at the time and knowingly spit in his face, then it's hard to believe a person could be that criminally irresponsible.
    I am not sure, but if he had and knew, couldnt/wouldnt that also be considered-if handled at time of incident at least-assault with a deadly weapon? We had a police officer here a few years ago that got spit on making an arrest, and they not only charged with assault on officer for spitting, but also charged (not sure of wording, or if indicted) with assault with dealy weapon or somethign to that extent because this person had AIDS.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Yeha, I noticed he said he is very healthy, but didn't come out and say he doesnt have AIDS either.
    I heard the interview he said to people that he appreciated their immense support and wanted them to respect his privacy at this time. It's pretty obvious I think.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

This may have been the best 2nd baseman of alltime.

Alomar was good,but Joe Morgan stakes that claim.

As a medical student who has taken virology (the study of viruses), AIDS absolutely cannot be transmitted by saliva, unless both of them happened to have open cuts. And even then, the chances are still effectively zero. Whether he had AIDS at the time or not, spitting in the umpire's face is inexcusable, but AIDS cannot be transmitted in such a manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    This may have been the best 2nd baseman of alltime.

Alomar was good,but Joe Morgan stakes that claim.
    HOMER

At first I thought it might have been just a grab for cash, but after reading an article or two, there appears to be some specific history there suggesting he has AIDS.

No one can speak to the other stuff that he did it intentionally.

She looks like a real pillar. Runs a "massage spa" in Queens
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

Turn Off Ads?