Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Skip Schumaker could be available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Skip Schumaker could be available

Read on mlb trade rumours a source thinks he will be the most tradeable outfielder for the Cardinals.. they are working him out at 2nd base right now, but they need a 2nd baseman.. If Gonzo is healthy, would the Cards take a package of Keppenger and Roenoeke/Thompson for him? or you think thats not a good enough package to get Skip Schumaker who Walt signed and he turned out well? just curious

thanks

PS i hope the Cards dont end up with Uggla of the Marlins!!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Skip Schumaker could be available

Schumaker is a pretty good 4th OF.

He can't hit lefties at all.

I won't give up any package that included a pitcher who I thought had reasonable potential.

And I'm not sure where Schumaker would play.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Schumaker is a pretty good 4th OF.

He can't hit lefties at all.

I won't give up any package that included a pitcher who I thought had reasonable potential.

And I'm not sure where Schumaker would play.
    Every time I see Skip Schumaker's name, I always think he's some F1 driver...

If the Reds wanted to confirm they want nothing to do with Chris Dickerson, they should bring Schumaker in to platoon in LF with Gomes.

I agree that he is a reserve outfielder. But, he could be a decent leadoff man for the Cardinals moving forward, and LaRussa seems determined to turn him into a second baseman. If they can fit Rasmus, Ankiel and Ludwick into the outfield and Schumaker works out at second hitting leadoff, that could be the best lineup in the National League. I don't believe the Cards are going to deal Schumaker after releasing Kennedy. Duncan may have some value in a deal. As for the Reds, I would love to have a good second baseman so we could slide Phillips to shortstop. It is almost unfathomable to believe that Brandon could not outplay anyone in camp at the shortstop position, with the possible exception of Janisch. I simply don't understand the reluctance to give that a shot. Everything I have ever heard is that he wants to do that. It is so much easier to find a second baseman that a shortstop.

Heck, if the Reds wanted to think big, Orlando Hudson is still out there....

No way i toss Reonicke(sp?) into that deal at best I would deal Keppinger and Travis Wood.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?