Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's some hypocrisy for for you.......

Here's some hypocrisy for for you.......

MLB is against steroids, and are showing a 4 HR game from Mike Cameron as an "all time" great game on the MLB Network. Nothing like showcasing a Roid case for more money.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Here's some hypocrisy for for you.......

They showed the Mark Whitten game against the Reds before that.

Some of the luminaries who played for the Reds in that game were Tim Costo, Jacob Brumfeld, Gary Varsho, Larty Luebbers, Mike Anderson and Chris Bushing.
    Last edited by Chip R; 02-15-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

C'mon, it's not like they're doing an expose' on Bret Boone's 37-HR season or something.

Haunted by walks

It's an interesting point. How can they erase Bonds from the record books when steroids users are still allowed to play?

Some of the luminaries who played for the Reds in that game were Tim Costo, Jacob Brumfeld, Gary Varsho, Larty Luebbers, Mike Anderson and Chris Bushing.
    I took in a few innings....wow. Others: Brian Dorsett (they marvelled that he hadn't become more than a journeyman), Jack Daugherty and Juan Samuel. Dibble, who gave up Whiten's 4th homer, had torn up the clubhouse before the game -- it was a doubleheader. Tough day for big #49.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    C'mon, it's not like they're doing an expose' on Bret Boone's 37-HR season or something.

No, but Bret Boone hit an opposite field HR in the first innings of the game they are showing, right before Cameron hit #1. I thought to myself......man, Jon Rauch just gave up 2 HR's that shouldn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I took in a few innings....wow. Others: Brian Dorsett (they marvelled that he hadn't become more than a journeyman), Jack Daugherty and Juan Samuel. Dibble, who gave up Whiten's 4th homer, had torn up the clubhouse before the game -- it was a doubleheader. Tough day for big #49.
    I always thought Brian Dorsett was underrated.

I was wrong.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    MLB is against steroids, and are showing a 4 HR game from Mike Cameron as an "all time" great game on the MLB Network. Nothing like showcasing a Roid case for more money.
    Yeah, I mean you can just, like, see the steroids in his swing.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

When has Cameron ever been linked to steroids?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    When has Cameron ever been linked to steroids?
    Sat out the 1st 25 games of 2008 before joining the Brewers b/c of suspension

I may be confused, but (fwiw) wasn't Cameron suspended for amphetamines, not steroids?

edit: A quick search seems to confirm this.
    Last edited by tixe; 02-15-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Haunted by walks

You're right. It was a stimulant, not steroids.

Cameron: "After all of the analysis and testing, I can only conclude that a nutritional supplement I was taking was tainted," he said. "Unfortunately, the actual supplement is gone, and therefore cannot be tested. Without the actual supplement in hand, the rules are clear, and I must accept the suspension."

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I may be confused, but (fwiw) wasn't Cameron suspended for amphetamines, not steroids?

You're correct, my mistake, I thought he was suspended due to steroids. Totally my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post

Regardless what he was suspended for, it seems a bit silly to start re-reading past games in terms of drug use (or alleged drug use).
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    So baseball should just ignore the past 25 years and pretend none of it happened?

Should we forget the 1930 season because of the ball and the obvious offensive explosion?

Maybe all the Reds fans can stop talking about 1985-1989 because Pete was betting on games?

Or maybe we as humans can except that we have no control over what is history and not try and whitewash the past to make ourselves feel more comfortable with reality as it really was.

Turn Off Ads?