Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds (Willy Free) Zone Fantasy Baseball League (owners still needed)

Reds (Willy Free) Zone Fantasy Baseball League (owners still needed)

A few days ago I setup two yahoo roto custom leagues as possibilities for people from here that were interested in a keeper/dynasty league to use. I hadn't done anything in the last few days with them cuz I wasn't sure if I'd keep either one. But in the last few days I've received notifications from yahoo that some people, presumably browsing the yahoo custom leagues, were interested in one of the leagues possibly because the settings are a little different. So I thought I'd keep that one, make it available here first, and than open it up to the general yahoo community in a couple days.

Let me preface this by pointing out that it currently is setup as an autopick draft. I've always preferred live drafts and I didn't realize that I had it setup as an autopick draft until today. I do understand that autopick drafts exist because some people prefer them so if enough people want to keep it autopick than we can do that as is the case with some of the other settings as well. Here is all the info about the league:

Scoring & Settings
    League ID#: 44167
    League Name: Redszone
    Password: dustyisnuts
    Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....gue/redszone09
    Season Type: Full
    Draft Type: Autopick Draft
    Max Teams: 12
    Scoring Type: Rotisserie
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
    Max Moves: No maximum
    Max Trades: No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: August 30, 2009
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Games Played: 162
    Max Innings Pitched: 1400
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on: Monday, Mar 30
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI (corner infielder), MI(middle infielder), 4 OF, 2 DH/Util, 2 SP, 2 RP, 5 P, 8 BN, 1 DL
    Offensive Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS
    Pitching Stat Categories: W, K, ERA, WHIP, OBPA (on base percentage allowed), NSV(Net Saves)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yahoo roto custom league

Ugh, do we have to use SB?
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

I'm open to changes in some of the settings but yes steals will most likely still be one of the stats used. Sorry.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I'm in, categories are fine although I'm used to the traditional 5x5 or 6x6. Keeper or Dynasty works as long as it's live draft and roto..........and the password is fine too. Need a few more, maybe you can mention it in the other Redszone league to see if anybody wants to get in this one as well
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Sounds great IowaRed, glad to have you join. I'll add another post here and a small one in that thread too after I change the draft and make one or two other smaller changes.

I'll switch it to a live draft in a couple hours. Probably to the afternoon of saturday march 14th. This will allow plenty of time to fill the league and for people to see what happens in the spring with players/teams. It will also allow plenty of time for owners to make any roster adjustments or preseason trades.

As far as the categories I like the idea of adding OPS to the traditional hitting categories. I'm not 100% sure about OBPA although it makes sense to me to add it so it's an even 6x6 with the traditional 5x5 categories plus one "sabre" category added on each side. Also, I may switch Net Saves back to Saves but I'm not sure that will be a big change. The only other change I've thought about is to possibly take away a couple bench spots to help make sure the draft doesn't last too long. The extra spots for a CI, MI, & 1 additional OF spot won't change although the league name will be different. If anyone has any comments/questions just let me know.

The league name has been changed to:
    Reds (Willy Free) Zone Fantasy Baseball League

Steals still count but since OPS counts too if you have him on your team than you must
    REALLY be desperate for steals. (I thought about making a rule that if anyone drafted Willy that they have to let the other owners rename their team. lol) Anyway, this is all in fun and if anyone has other suggestions for a league name feel free to throw it out there.

Also, the draft will now be a live draft held on Saturday, March 14th at 3:00 pm (est).

And, the setup before would have had us going 30 rounds instead of 21 rounds like typical yahoo public leagues so I took away two of the three extra bench spots to help make sure the draft doesn't last too long.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 02-21-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: spacing

Re: Reds (Willy Free) Zone Fantasy Baseball League (owners still needed)

I'm in if you have a slot open. I'm going to cap myself at three teams this year.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I'll join if its alright

That works. The more from here the better.

I just registered the Wise County Wanderers this morning.
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

I am probably over-extending myself, but I registered the Mystery Reds today....

Mike
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Brett's Bashers have enlisted.

1 spot left after I joined today.

I just replied to a yahoo notification that someone from outside RedsZone was interested. If they join we should have a full league with 9 owners from RedsZone and 3 owners that are Reds fans from outside RedsZone .

Two teams had to leave so we now have a couple open spots. We draft this Sat Mar 14 at 3:00pm EDT.

Turn Off Ads?