Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Re: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Less than $15 per team doesn't seem excessive to me but I don't know how everyone else feels about going from free to forking over a few bucks. I've heard that Sportsline also lists alot more prospects than Yahoo.
    The league I'm a commissioner of, that's been going for 16 years (this is my 13th year) has been on CBS for the past 8 seasons. It's really, really made a ton of improvements and become a pretty good site. There are a few things I personally would like them to improve even more, but it's highly got the most customized features as of now.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    The league I'm a commissioner of, that's been going for 16 years (this is my 13th year) has been on CBS for the past 8 seasons. It's really, really made a ton of improvements and become a pretty good site. There are a few things I personally would like them to improve even more, but it's highly got the most customized features as of now.
    Is there a limit to the roster size?

Could you explain the minor league options?

The website doesn't allow me to explore all the options in the CBS Sportsline Commissioner product.

It looks like the price is now $180 per year, which is still only $15 per team but Yahoo is free.

I looked up the various versions available on CBS Sportsline. The free version is not very good and does not have the options we need. Yahoo's free version is far superior to the CBS free product.

How many of you guys use the $10 Stat-Tracker live scoring system for our Yahoo league?

I use it. If everybody in our league is using it we are already paying $120 for the league.

I don't use the stat tracker but I could handle $15. Once we get a handle on the specs of the paid Sportsline product we'd need to have everyone on board.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying some money for a superior service, but it would have to be a unanimous decision.
    Cool!

All in favor of AD paying money for a superior service the rest of us can enjoy gratis, say aye!

"Aye!"

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Cool!

All in favor of AD paying money for a superior service the rest of us can enjoy gratis, say aye!

"Aye!"

Hey! That is not what I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Cool!

"Aye!"

Aye!

Seriously, I wouldn't be against a pot next year either.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 09-22-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Is there a limit to the roster size?

Could you explain the minor league options?

The website doesn't allow me to explore all the options in the CBS Sportsline Commissioner product.

It looks like the price is now $180 per year, which is still only $15 per team but Yahoo is free.

I looked up the various versions available on CBS Sportsline. The free version is not very good and does not have the options we need. Yahoo's free version is far superior to the CBS free product.
    Sure.

First, the site supports Active, Reserve and Minors status. In other words, you can make it just like MLB, 40-Man and Minor Leaguers, if you wanted to. So you can designate a player in one of the three aforementioned statuses.

Second, there are no limits that I am aware of on roster size. You can type in the exact number for each type. You can specify both minimum and maximum for all of the following:

*Active players
    *Reserve players (40-man or however many-man you want)
    *Injured players
    *Minor league players
    *Total players

There might be a maximum, but I tested out 100 players once for the fun of it, and it didn't give me any errors. So clearly, if there is a limit, it's not one that will give you problems.

You can also adjust min/max for positional distribution as well as set a limit (if you so choose) for maximum number of players at a certain position on the entire roster. There are options to choose for DL & Minor league players to not count toward positional distribution, if you want.

Some other benefits:

* The scoring options are, while not limitless, by far the best out there. You can use any one of a number of options they give you for counting and (some) rate stats. But the awesome thing is that you can make your own custom stats. For instance, it supports making a calculation to use Runs Created, or wOBA, etc. for categories. The only thing you can't do is mix a type - for instance, you can't mix a defensive stat with an offensive stat, or a pitching stat with an offensive stat, etc.

* They have three custom fields to use for salary/contract status or whatever other option you want to use it for

* The player pool is definitely deeper

* You can track league finances by assigning dollar amounts per different types of transactions or make custom finance edits to whatever you deem necessary

* You can preset the IP/AB requirements to any number you want and it tracks that for you automatically

* There are 5 different options for add/drop procedures

* There are 4 different options for trade procedures (i.e. league vote, commissioner approval, automatic and restrict trades)

Those are the options I can think of. Overall, I really like it though. It's been a great site for us. If you run into things that aren't ideal for your league, you can email their tech people and they've been decent about incorporating new functionality each year.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it.

Sounds like a great option if we decide to make the league more complicated.

Really the only thing that Yahoo has not allowed us to do is increase the roster size past 30, which may not want to do anyway. The Yahoo site works great and it is free. I imagine we will keep our league the way it is because it was a lot of fun this year. But some of us might be interested in another league that incorporates some of the minor league features available on CBS.

Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it.

Sounds like a great option if we decide to make the league more complicated.

Really the only thing that Yahoo has not allowed us to do is increase the roster size past 30, which may not want to do anyway. The Yahoo site works great and it is free. I imagine we will keep our league the way it is because it was a lot of fun this year. But some of us might be interested in another league that incorporates some of the minor league features available on CBS.
    I'm still working on this Dynasty League. It may work out that (for this year) it starts out on CBS Sportsline, as it can handle most of what I need it to. But I'm still working on some other things I discussed with you on that front.

Stat geek...and proud

This Granderson deal I like for my dynasty team purposes. He'll put up better numbers at New Yankee Stadium than he did in Detroit.

Yeah, between moving to the new Yankee stadium and a new spot in the lineup his hr/rbi #'s should get a boost. (Granderson hit leadoff for Detroit but I bet Jeter stays in that spot for New York)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    This Granderson deal I like for my dynasty team purposes. He'll put up better numbers at New Yankee Stadium than he did in Detroit.
    With the short fence in right field he will hit more home runs. He will also have Jeter hitting in front of him and Texeira and A-Rod behind him. He should put up career best numbers in Runs and RBIs.

What do you want for him?

Would it be possible to join the dynasty league mid- um.. dynasty? Also, this would be my first time ever fantasy-ing, so is a d-league a good place for newbies. I've been into MLB for 1.5 yrs. now.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I don't think there are any openings right now. Someone would have to leave or we'd have to add a couple teams (doubtful right now) or someone would have to want a partner.

I'm not sure if a dynasty is best for a newbie. I did redrafts (one year leagues) for years before I did a keeper league. That helped alot but then I overanalyzed things since it was a different format. You could try it though. Or you could try a one year league to just get a taste of what it's like and to make sure you want to commit to something more.

But Atomic Dumpling can confirm whether everyone is returning.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 12-16-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Turn Off Ads?