Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

High five!

Re: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

OK, I _think_ it was my pick (StephenK emailed me to say it was) and with the "Mr. Irrelevant" pick, I took #15 on the field but #1 in your hearts, Jerry "Harris" Hairston, Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

Man, I totally just set my lineup. I can't believe the season starts tomorrow.

One thing I love about fantasy BB over fantasy FB is the long grind over the season.

Here's to grinding!

So I can freely add free agents now, right?

Oops! I just noticed Stephen hasn't picked yet. If you need to drop Juan Cruz from my roster just go ahead AD...

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Oops! I just noticed Stephen hasn't picked yet. If you need to drop Juan Cruz from my roster just go ahead AD...
    I could've sworn he did. He sent me an email at least.

The draft is over. You can pick up players at your leisure now.

I will send Rick Porcello to waivers. I can't find a way to do this with the commissioner tools provided by Yahoo. Does anyone know how this can be done?

I might have to add him to my team for a day, then drop him to the waiver list. So if you see me add Porcello to my team I am not trying to snag him illegally.

The first game of the season is underway right now. The Braves are playing the Phillies.

So now that the draft is over, how do you feel about your team? Do you feel like you will compete for the championship? Or does your team need some work?

Who do you think has the strongest team?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    So now that the draft is over, how do you feel about your team? Do you feel like you will compete for the championship? Or does your team need some work?

Who do you think has the strongest team?
    Through like 10 rounds I really liked my team. Then I lost focus a little bit and began to worry. I like my final roster because I have a good mix of ready-to-win talent with young guys like Cahill, Anderson, and Wallace. I think I can compete for the championship but it is going to require some more moves because my team is a little imbalanced. I was much more worried about my team until I looked at the other rosters .

As for other rosters--Atomic Dumpling has a great offense and a ridiculous amount of closers (6!) but I'm worried about him having any SP depth after Santana and Sabathia (!). Of course, that is two more SP than camisadelgolf has . I like mbgrayson's offense too but he is short on pitching all around. Like camisadelgolf, redsfandan has a young team with a bright future. Speaking of upside, TRF's team is either gonna be awesome or be selling by late May . Nate has one of the best teams if he can mine some closers. WMR has a lacking offense but a great pitching staff also in need of saves (where are all of the closers? Oh yeah, on AD's team ). reds77 and gilpdawg have a solid teams. CRF2000 has talent but he needs to transfer some offense for arms and AD's closers.

That's my take. Sorry if I was brutally honest. Take it for what it's worth...

I am happy with my team. I think I will be strong in every category, but SB will be my weakest stat. My team has depth and a good balance. I have a good mix of youth and proven value. Of course I always think my teams are good after the draft, but sometimes I am delusional.

The league should be very competitive this year. There are several very strong teams. I was surprised by a couple teams after looking at their rosters because I hadn't noticed during the draft how many good players they were accumulating. Reds77 and gilpdawg fall into that category.

I was expecting BaseCloggers and mbgrayson to put together solid teams and they did. We played together last year so I already knew they are good managers. BaseClogger has a proven cast of hitters and nice balance of SPs and closers. Definitely a threat to win. Mbgrayson also has good balance on offense and will probably win the steals stat. His pitching is solid but could use another closer.

No dud teams in this league. So you better bring your A game if you want to come in 2nd place. 1st place is already locked up for me.

Redsfandan has a very strong track record. He put together a very young team full of uber-prospects.

stephenk29 has an excellent offense and some good closers. He may need to finagle his starting pitching due to injuries.

TRF has an unorthodox team to my eye. He has excellent pitching. He grabbed a mix of vets and high-upside youngsters on offense. SBs a problem?

CRF2000 has a very nice offense across the board. His starting pitching is solid but he lacks relievers.

WMR has 10 starting pitchers, some of whom are excellent young prospects. His relievers are sparse. His offense is eclectic and good. It will be interesting to see how his team plays out.

Camisadelgolf has a rocking offense and 3 stud closers, but only one major league starting pitcher. He needs to swing deals with gilpdawg (9 SPs) and WMR (10 SPs) to obtain some starters.

Nate has solid team all around. His offense will rake. He needs saves and maybe steals.

No dud teams in this league. You better bring your A game if you want to come in 2nd. (1st place has already been locked up for me.)
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 04-06-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Stat geek...and proud

I've never really played in a baseball league I took seriously, so I'm hoping you guys don't make a fool of me. I've been playing fantasy football since I was 14 or so, and I'm 31 now, but I've never really done baseball. I didn't realize it, but I drafted too many OFs, and I have NO depth at the IF positions.

High five!

I have a real hard time evaluating the teams until about two months into the season. I mean, when you get to pick from all the players in the game, ALL the teams look good. I will say that BC and AD hit upon the two things I know I'm missing: saves and SB. I almost took Willy T early on just to help myself out here. Saves, it seemed like Billy Wagner was ALWAYS up there but is he ever going to pitch again? Dunno. So, I just tried to pick up some "stems and seeds" dudes.

Also, I think one can play the waiver wire shuffle throughout the year (which, to me, is part of the fun) to cobble together some of these areas where you're short. I tried to get position versatility so I always have the option to sub in a "hot hand."

I always undervalue SB's. dunno why, I just turn a blind eye. I really focused on high upside and somewhat risky players. I think it could be a fun team.

I will say I think I have the best pitching. Excellent starters four good relievers. At C I have a sleeper in Baker and Navarro who is looking to build on an All Star performance. I like that I chose so many players with multiple position eligibility. I picked up Kearns on waivers as I believe he is playing for his baseball life, he's healthy and he won the starting RF job. Also just added Nick Johnson.

My team is fraught with high upside risk players.

I love it.

I do have three Nats though.

Stephenk29 could lead the league in SB's

Gilpdawg has a nice mix of power and speed. looks to be short on saves.

CRF2000 has a ton of position players and is short on saves as well. Getting Drew late has some upside.

redfandan has a great team top to bottom. kudos sir.

WMR should go ahead and concede the season I mean crown him as champion.

camisadelgolf has a good offense, solid to great relievers but weak SP IMO.

I am soooo going to crush you guys.
    Last edited by TRF; 04-06-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: making nice with WMR
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I wouldn't really say my SP is weak. I'd describe it more as 'non-existent'. I'm not concerned, but I'm definitely open to trades.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I wouldn't really say my SP is weak. I'd describe it more as 'non-existent'. I'm not concerned, but I'm definitely open to trades.
    I was being kind.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I am soooo going to crush you guys.
    Bring. It. ON!

Turn Off Ads?