Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

We have started a new dynasty keeper league this year and we still need a few more players. We are looking for Redszone members to play in a competitive, friendly long-term league.

Guys like WilyMoRocks, camisadelgolf, nate, *BaseClogger*, and mbgrayson are already involved. It will be lots of fun. If you are interested just shoot me a PM and I will give you the sign-up credentials.

It is a dynasty keeper league, which means it will go on for years and you keep all your players from one year to the next. So the idea is to draft some current stars and some young prospects that will mature into future stars.

Yahoo 5x5 Roto standard settings
    12 Teams
    Mixed League (NL & AL players)
    Dynasty Keeper league
    28 roster slots
    1 extra UTIL starting slot
    1 extra Infield starting slot
    1 extra P starting slot + 75 IP limit
    Slow live draft with 12 hour limit for each pick. Draft will take about two weeks.

Most people will pick within the first couple hours of their draft turn, so there won't actually be 12 hours between every pick. Usually we get through about 1-2 full rounds per day.

I will randomize the draft order after we get everybody signed up. Waiver priority will begin as opposite of draft order.

All owners must use their RedsZone username as their team name. This makes the game more personal and familiar and encourages people to become more involved and stay that way. Otherwise it is just another anonymous Internet league.

We request a commitment from each owner to pay attention all season long and to play in future years also.

We can talk about some modifications to the structure once we get signed up. All important league decisions will be made by consensus. I am not a dictatorial commissioner.

We started AL-only and NL-only dynasty leagues last year and they were great successes. This will work the same except it is a mixed league.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone Dynasty League -- players needed...

Are you sure it will only take 2 weeks if everyone has 12 hours to make a pick?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Most people don't use up their whole 12 hours. Last years draft only took a few weeks and it had the same structure...

Well, it depends on how closely people pay attention. In our leagues last year we got through the drafts in about 10-12 days if I recall correctly.

We did this in two leagues last year and it worked out really well. I think everybody was happy with the process.

You just leave the league homepage open and check it frequently. Usually there will only be about 1-2 hours between picks or often less, so you can get through a couple of rounds per day. The people at each end of the draft make two picks at a time (in a serpentine draft) so that saves time. You are expected to email the next player when you complete your turn, which lets him know immediately it is his turn to pick.

We still have about six weeks before the first official baseball game, so there is plenty of time. It spreads out the drafting fun over a long period instead of just an hour or two like most leagues. It gives you more time to ponder each pick instead of feeling rushed.

The system is not for everybody, but I like it and I think most everybody else in our leagues did also. If you like a fast draft with instant gratification then this league is not what you are looking for. But I think you would like it if you try it.

Well it's worth a shot. I'm in.

Well it's worth a shot. I'm in.
    Cool. It will be fun.

There are still 5 slots available guys.

Is the league putting down any money to award the winner? And is it possible to create a more fun team name than my redszone id and maybe put (reds77) after it?

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Is the league putting down any money to award the winner?
    I'm doubtful about the money but I'll let AtomicDumpling answer that one.
    And is it possible to create a more fun team name than my redszone id and maybe put (reds77) after it?
    reds77 is your id. Yahoo will only allow a certain amount of characters for the team name but if you are able to squeeze in something after your id I don't see why you can't. Last I checked one or two teams are like that. To attach the redszone id to the teams just makes it easier to know who owns what teams.

I'm a huge baseball fan, and love fantasy sports. Money or no money, I'm interested in joining for the fun of a long-term keeper league. I'm committed for the long-run, so if possible, I'd like to join.

I'm in if there is a spot available.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Is the league putting down any money to award the winner? And is it possible to create a more fun team name than my redszone id and maybe put (reds77) after it?
    We are not putting any money on this league. This league is just for fun and Redszone bragging rights.

We will start up the draft very soon after we get 12 teams. There are still three slots remaining in the league.

I'd be interested in joining if you still have any spots open?

I'm all signed in and ready for draft time.

I'm in though I wasn't prompted for a password. When is the draft? I couldn't find the start date.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?