Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Re: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Additionally, since almost every team has a full 30 man roster already, you will have to drop one of your current players every time you make a draft pick.
    These are the teams that will likely have to drop a player in order to draft any players:
    Atomic Dumpling, camisadelgolf, mbgrayson, nate, stephenk29, TRF's debacle

And these are the teams that will only have to drop a player if they want to draft more than one player:
    The Basecloggers, WMR Ghetty Green, redsfandan, reds77, Gilpdawg, CRF2000

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Do you have all our rosters? I can't even see last year's league.
    Yes, I saved all of our league information from last year -- including rosters and standings.

As redsfandan mentioned, you can view your roster from all of your prior Yahoo leagues by going to your Yahoo Fantasy Profile, then clicking on the league name.

Redsfandan,

I haven't received an official confirmation stating you are going to play again this year. I assume you are going to play since you have been active in the thread. Am I right?

Assuming redsfandan is playing then the only person we haven't heard from yet is stephenk29.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    These are the teams that will likely have to drop a player in order to draft any players:
    Atomic Dumpling, camisadelgolf, mbgrayson, nate, stephenk29, TRF's debacle

And these are the teams that will only have to drop a player if they want to draft more than one player:
    The Basecloggers, WMR Ghetty Green, redsfandan, reds77, Gilpdawg, CRF2000
    Wow, did you go through and count each team's roster? That must have taken some time. I am surprised there are that many teams that have less than 30 players. I thought there were only a couple teams without someone on the disabled list.

I think you can add camisadelgolf to the list of teams with less than 30 because he had Randy Johnson, who retired.

I will go through the rosters more thoroughly in a little while to see if I notice anything interesting.

If anybody is having trouble accessing their roster let me know and I will post it for you.

Are you telling me I don't have the option of keeping Randy Johnson anyway?

Redsfandan,

I haven't received an official confirmation stating you are going to play again this year. I assume you are going to play since you have been active in the thread. Am I right?

Assuming redsfandan is playing then the only person we haven't heard from yet is stephenk29.
    Yeah I guess. You might want to email stephenk29 directly if you haven't already.
    Wow, did you go through and count each team's roster? That must have taken some time. I am surprised there are that many teams that have less than 30 players. I thought there were only a couple teams without someone on the disabled list.
    No, I didn't count each roster. The teams that will start with a full roster had a player on the dl at the end of the season AND that player is expected to be off the dl at the start of this season. Yes, there were only a couple teams without someone on the dl. But a few of the teams have a player that is expected to still be on the dl at the start of this season. Those players are Volquez, Jordan Zimmerman, and Bedard. Since they'll be on the dl they won't count towards the 30 player roster limit.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 02-03-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    No, I didn't count each roster. The teams that will start with a full roster had a player on the dl at the end of the season AND that player is expected to be off the dl at the start of this season. Yes, there were only a couple teams without someone on the dl. But a few of the teams have a player that is expected to still be on the dl at the start of this season. Those players are Volquez, Jordan Zimmerman, and Bedard. Since they'll be on the dl they won't count towards the 30 player roster limit.
    That's fine as long as Yahoo allows those players to be placed on the DL by the team owner at the time of the draft.

can we pretty please change AVG to OPS?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

High five!

can we pretty please change AVG to OPS?
    I'd rather change it OBP or wOBA.

my god my starting pitching was fantastic. Haladay AND Lee. Happ, Harang, Jackson, Wolf and the underrated Wandy Rodriguez.

Sure wish i had a bit more offense...

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I'd rather change it OBP or wOBA.
    OBP I'd be ok with. I'd like a simple stat. OPS is pretty simple, but OBP might make more sense.

High five!

OBP I'd be ok with. I'd like a simple stat. OPS is pretty simple, but OBP might make more sense.
    Personally, I think the player pool is a lot more interesting without the team-driven stats like RBI, pitching wins and saves.

my god my starting pitching was fantastic. Haladay AND Lee. Happ, Harang, Jackson, Wolf and the underrated Wandy Rodriguez.

Sure wish i had a bit more offense...
    Your pitching really was fantastic last year. You led the league in ERA and WHIP, and both by large margins over the second place team.

I remember during the draft being a bit perplexed by a couple of your draft picks, but they really turned out to be wise selections.

Thanks AD. it's the prophet in me

I could use some offense though. I'm open to discussing a pre draft trade.

Turn Off Ads?