Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Re: Redszone Dynasty League -- players needed...

The league is now full.

I will randomize the draft order. Time for everybody to get serious about ranking the players and preparing for the draft.

Are you guys ready to go ahead and start the draft?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm ready, personally.

OK. Here is how I am going to determine the draft order.

I found a website that will randomly generate the draft order and email it to all the team owners. This is a way to guarantee that the draft order was indeed generated randomly.

I am entering everybody's email address into the program. Your email will not be spammed. If you did not allow your email address to be seen on the Yahoo league site then you will not receive the email.

You should get the email soon.

We can go ahead and start the draft process Thursday or Friday.

If you are going to be away from the Internet for long periods during the draft please let me know ASAP. We can try to arrange a way for you to keep in contact with me or someone else in the league to make sure you get to make your picks in the allotted time.

I will write up a good set of draft rules just to make sure we don't encounter any disputes during the draft. We want to make sure it is fair.

Here are the results of the draft randomization:

Nick has used the FFToolbox.com random draft order generator for the "Redszone Dynasty League" league. To verify the results visit this page: http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order...r.cfm?id=10661

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:
    1 - redsfandan
    2 - Atomic Dumpling
    3 - camisadelgolf is #1
    4 - mbgrayson
    5 - WMR Ghetty Green
    6 - CRF2000
    7 - Gilpdawg
    8 - *BaseClogger*
    9 - TRF's debacle
    10 - reds77
    11 - Stephenk29
    12 - nate

Even numbered rounds will be the reverse order.

When will you guys be ready to start? Can everybody be ready to start Thursday evening or Friday evening?

High five!

OMG, it's already rigged!

Personally, I would prefer that we wait until like next Monday or something before we begin, but it's not a big deal...

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I realize you are just kidding. At least I hope you are. I went the extra mile to make the draft order completely fair.

I had the last pick in the Redszone NL-only league last year and came in second. In the Redszone AL-only league I picked 2nd to last and won the league. So the draft position doesn't really have much affect on the quality of your team.

If you have the first pick you don't get another one until the 24th pick. If you have the 12th pick you also get the 13th. There are plenty of stud players available at 12 and 13.

We are ready to start the draft. Please respond with your thoughts on the best time to start the draft. I am thinking Friday evening.

Draft rules:

1.You have 12 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 12 hours, the next player can go ahead and pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.

2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.

3. Yahoo will add players to the database after the draft has begun. Any player that is not available in the list at the time of the first pick of the draft will not be eligible to be drafted for the duration of the draft. Those players will be available on waivers after the draft. This rule is to make sure all team owners have an equal shot at all players. The commissioner will keep a list of all players ineligible to be drafted.

4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce)

5. The commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.

Please let me know if there is anything I have neglected to mention.

Please check the message board on the league website frequently for the latest information on the draft. I am also posting all information in the Redszone league thread.

You are encouraged to post frequently on the message board and the Redszone thread. Let's make this league fun and sociable this year. Trade offers and negotiations are highly encouraged as well.

Let's get this league rolling and have some fun. Baseball season is here!

If it works for everyone, we could start the draft immediately, but the 12-hour clock wouldn't start until Monday or whenever.

I'm ready to start ASAP.

Also, I don't really see how emailing the next owner will speed up the draft. I think it should be a given, and assumed, that we all will actively check the forum at yahoo to see if it is our pick. And to be honest, emailing the next owner is something I might be too lazy to do (have to be honest haha) or not even have the time to do (time is precious).

I'm first? Umm ok... anyone wanna trade picks??? j/k I'll stay with the 1st pick cuz I know who I'm going to take. The same player I would've taken in the dynasty draft I was in last year if I hadn't had the crazy idea to experiment with trading picks. It did make things more interesting though. Technically we also could trade picks since we will have a message board draft so I'll leave that as a suggestion for AD and everyone else to consider.

As far as when we start I would've liked a few more days but now that I know I'll be first it doesn't really matter THAT much to me. But a few more days could be helpful to people to prep and do a couple mock drafts, especially someone like WilyMo that's new to fantasy baseball. But it's up to you guys.

On emailing the next owner my opinion from experience is that it really does help. I wouldn't expect everyone to constantly check the site so a quick email helps. It only takes a minute to email the next person through the site and just say "you're up". If everyone at least tries to do that each time, even if it's not all the time, it will help.

Also, when people make their picks it would be helpful if people made sure to list the picks in the subject heading of the post and leave the body of the post for trash talking or whatever. It's easier that way when people check the site to see who has been taken.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I realize you are just kidding. At least I hope you are. I went the extra mile to make the draft order completely fair.
    Yep, just jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    The good thing about picking 12th is that you get two back to back picks, since in a snake draft you go backwards the even numbered rounds.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Oddly enough I'm fascinated by other people's fantasy teams, keep everyone updated so we know who's dominating the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

My preferred start date is Monday...

Turn Off Ads?