Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Re: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Thatwould work great for me I just added carlos guillen .So from now on if after the time limit or if my turn happens to fall during the morning or early afternoon feel free to add the best player for me that way im not holding things up i have confidence in your choice.
    Alright, I added the player with the best Yahoo rank to your team. I hope he suits you well...

CRF2000 selects Kelly Johnson with pick 15.6 in the draft.

Gilpdawg is now on the clock for 15.7

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Trade Announcement:

WMR Ghetty Green gets picks 15.10 and 22.11

Atomic Dumpling gets picks 18.8 and 19.5 and 20.8

I will update the draft order in the "Commisioner's Note" section and in the Redszone
    discussion thread.
    Very, very clever AD. So you dealt one of the extra picks from your last "deal" to move up 2 picks a total of either 4+ rounds OR 12 rounds. (depending on how you look at it)

As far as the pace of the draft, I'm kinda afraid I opened up a Pandoras Box with my suggestion to allow pick trading:

Welcome back. The pace of the draft has been very slow over the weekend. Hopefully it will speed up on Monday. I am thinking about going to 6 hours per pick starting with round 16, and then 4 hours per pick at round 20. If you get bypassed occasionally it won't matter much in the late rounds.
    Now I want to get this done in time too but are ya sure that making it 6 or even 4 hours will help enough? Starting with pick 14.1 we went from 12 hours to 8 hours per pick and the 14th round still took a little more than 2 days. The draft started on 2/19 with the 12 hour time limit started on 2/23. In almost 4 weeks we're almost halfway done with only 2 1/2 weeks to finish.

On March 1, we were at pick 5.5. In the first 16 days of the month (3/1-3/16) we've knocked out 123 picks or a little more than 10 rounds. At this rate the last few rounds won't be done in time. Even if the pace picks up it'll still be iffy to finish those rounds.

I know it may not be a popular option but can we at least entertain the idea of seeing if
    everyone can be on the site at the same time the weekend before the season starts to knock out whatever rounds are left at that point? It may not be easy to find a time to fit everyone but we'll probably ONLY need ONE hour if everyone takes no more than a minute per pick. Thoughts? Anyone? Maybe consider this as an option if the pace doesn't pick up enough the rest of this week?

Maybe it's just me but I think the focus NEEDS to be on finishing the draft BEFORE the season starts.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 03-17-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Each trade should pend the approval of the league in my opinion.

15.9 and Ryan Dempster is off the board.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Each trade should pend the approval of the league in my opinion.
    All trades are subject to protest and league vote if challenged.

1) I did protest your deal with reds77 via pm.
    2) Unfortunately any votes would just hold up the draft even more.
    3)....
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I think the focus NEEDS to be on finishing the draft BEFORE the season starts.
    If we add a live draft to knock out the last few rounds we need to find out when everyone can be online at the same time to do it and the sooner the better.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

So why was the trade I made protested? Who did you think was getting the better deal? I'm personally quite content that I got two studs in exchange for lesser ranked players.

The problem with draft pick trading is that it gets unmanageable, slows the draft, and is not voted on by the league. If actual players gets traded, the league can block the trade if it is deemed one sided.

I would be ok with setting up a time for drafting the last weekend. AD' s plan to shorten allowed times would also work to speed things up. The real slow down comes when certain people let there pick languish the maximum time. It would be interesting to add up total time on the clock. A couple players would likely account for half the time.

But all that said, to me it is not that big a deal. My guys will be ready to play even if we are still drafting the last few slots! My team is ready to ROCK.

Mike
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    So why was the trade I made protested? Who did you think was getting the better deal? I'm personally quite content that I got two studs in exchange for lesser ranked players.
    To set the record straight, the trade was NOT protested. The person (not you reds77) that made that claim had me so upset I had to wait several hours to calm down before I could reply. I took great offense at the accusation. This is supposed to be fun so I will forget about the insult. I have made every effort to keep this league fair and square for everyone and will continue to do so.

We had one other trade that was protested by one of the participants after the trade was finalized. The other party graciously agreed to re-work the deal even though it was agreed to by both parties before being finalized.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 03-17-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    The problem with draft pick trading is that it gets unmanageable, slows the draft, and is not voted on by the league. If actual players gets traded, the league can block the trade if it is deemed one sided.

I would be ok with setting up a time for drafting the last weekend. AD' s plan to shorten allowed times would also work to speed things up. The real slow down comes when certain people let there pick languish the maximum time. It would be interesting to add up total time on the clock. A couple players would likely account for half the time.

But all that said, to me it is not that big a deal. My guys will be ready to play even if we are still drafting the last few slots! My team is ready to ROCK.

Mike
    The pick trading has turned out to be a bit of a hassle. We won't have to worry about it next year since the draft will only be about 3-4 rounds long. I don't think the trades have slowed down the draft. That is caused by people's busy schedules and sporadic attention.

The point of putting a trade up for vote is to prevent collusion, not to prevent somebody from making an ill-advised trade. The goal is to prevent cheating, not to prevent people from improving their teams.

I have seen leagues get derailed by people vetoing every trade to prevent their opponents from improving their teams.

We may have to go with a live draft for the final few rounds. Or we could reduce the time limit to one hour for the last week.

I don't see any huge reason why we have to finish every last round before Opening Day anyway. It is not like those 28th-round players are going to be in your starting lineup. I am open to ideas from you guys. What do you want to do?

If we've only got 2-4 rounds left, why not just let them happen as they happen? As you said, they're not going to be starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

The point of putting a trade up for vote is to prevent collusion, not to prevent somebody from making an ill-advised trade. The goal is to prevent cheating, not to prevent people from improving their teams.

I have seen leagues get derailed by people vetoing every trade to prevent their opponents from improving their teams.
    Yep, I know what you mean. I can speak from experience as commissioner of another league that explaining this is very annoying--especially in a money league where it is expected that everyone knows what is going on. The above is a great description and I might just have to use it again...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    If we've only got 2-4 rounds left, why not just let them happen as they happen? As you said, they're not going to be starters.
    I agree with WMR.

[QUOTE=AtomicDumpling;1816708]To set the record straight, the trade was NOT protested. The person (not you reds77) that made that claim had me so upset I had to wait several hours to calm down before I could reply. /QUOTE]

Thats an interesting note.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?