Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Re: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Would it be possible to join the dynasty league mid- um.. dynasty? Also, this would be my first time ever fantasy-ing, so is a d-league a good place for newbies. I've been into MLB for 1.5 yrs. now.

Hello Redsfan320,

Thanks for your interest in our fantasy league. If we have any teams become available I will put your name in for consideration.

Right now there are no openings, but that could change before the season starts. Nobody has told me they are planning to drop out.

If we do get some openings we will put the word out for applicants and select the most qualified. It won't be first come, first served. We want to make sure our league stays competitive and challenging. We are looking for friendly, dedicated, experienced team owners that are looking for a long-term competitive challenge.

As redsfandan suggested earlier, you might want to play in a couple of single-season fantasy leagues before taking the plunge into a dynasty league. There are a few Redszone-based leagues each year. Maybe one of those will be a better choice for you because they are yearly re-draft leagues.

Beware, once you start playing fantasy baseball your life as you knew it before will be over. You will have reached the next level of enlightenment.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 12-16-2009 at 07:18 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks for the advice, both of you. Does anyone have any good one year, and above all free, leagues for a newbie. I've heard of MLB.com's, ESPN.com's, and CBSsports.com's.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Got a yahoo account? Their one-year leagues are the most popular.

Nope, Dan, I don't.
    Thanks, though.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I would highly recommend Yahoo fantasy baseball. Their free leagues are the best by far.

Thanx guys. I'll look into Yahoo.

Looked into Yahoo a bit. Seems pretty good, my only problem is that there seem to be no NL- only leagues, but this really isn't a big deal. Just got to study up on my AL players.
    (Or just for my AL picks draft Lackey, and anyone I can from the Yanks or M's )

Looked into Yahoo a bit. Seems pretty good, my only problem is that there seem to be no NL- only leagues, but this really isn't a big deal. Just got to study up on my AL players.
    (Or just for my AL picks draft Lackey, and anyone I can from the Yanks or M's )

That wasn't an option in the public leagues but that could change. They tweak things every year so there's always a chance of that becoming a possibility. If it isn't an option in 2010 for the public leagues you could take a chance on one of the yahoo private leagues or start one yourself. The private leagues are still free and can be customized with stuff like your choice of stat categories, starting spots, etc., .. and making it NL Only.

If it isn't an option in 2010 for the public leagues you could take a chance on one of the yahoo private leagues or start one yourself. The private leagues are still free and can be customized with stuff like your choice of stat categories, starting spots, etc., .. and making it NL Only.
    Yeah, thing is, I don't want to have to worry about being a league commissioner when I've never played before. However, I would love to join an RZ NL-only league, does anyone usually start one?

Stat geek...and proud

Yeah, thing is, I don't want to have to worry about being a league commissioner when I've never played before. However, I would love to join an RZ NL-only league, does anyone usually start one?

I'm sure someone will. If no one does, I will. But these things usually don't get going until ST.

Great!

How much work is involved in commissioning, particularly on Yahoo!?

^^

^^

Not much really, unless your league uses some unusual league rules that require extra work by the commish.

By the way, if you start a new thread to discuss your fantasy questions you will get more replies. This thread was made to discuss only one specific league -- our Redszone Dynasty League. Pretty much the only people that read this thread are the 12 people in our league.

By the way, if you start a new thread to discuss your fantasy questions you will get more replies.
    I can't-- haven't been on long enough. However, I suppose it's not fair of me to be hijacking your thread with something completely of the threads' topic.

EDIT: Come January 2nd, I can start threads. This may just be my first one.

Not much really, unless your league uses some unusual league rules that require extra work by the commish.
    No, if I commissioned a league, it would be a standard 5x5 roto.
    Thanks.

Last edited by Redsfan320; 12-26-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Turn Off Ads?