Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

Re: Redszone Dynasty League - Discussion Thread

stephenk29 has now confirmed via email his participation for this year. That means we will have everyone back again for Season 2!

It is very, very rare to have 100% of the owners return to play from one year to the next, especially in a keeper league. I think it is a testament to the camaraderie, sportsmanship and friendliness exhibited by all the participants.

Yahoo should have their fantasy baseball application up and running in the next couple of days. As soon as it opens I will set up the league and send you the link to sign up. Then I can enter in all the rosters. Then we can start evaluating our teams' strengths and weaknesses, make some trades, and begin preparing for the draft.

Any thoughts on when we should begin the draft? It might be wise to wait until Spring Training is well underway so we can see how the players' roles are shaping up for the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think about two weeks before the first regular season game would be a good time to start the draft.

So how many players on average do you (the league members) think you will drop? I'm looking at 5-7, at least 2 pitchers.

Sigh. so long Branyan, you did everything I expected from you and more.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    So how many players on average do you (the league members) think you will drop? I'm looking at 5-7, at least 2 pitchers.

I will probably drop one or maybe two players during the draft. It all depends on who is available when my late draft slot comes up.

I have a bunch of guys that I thought MIGHT start this year. Matt Joyce, Josh Reddick. I'll probably keep Mat Gamel. Branyan I think I will drop. I don't see him getting a job. Fister and Villenueva I'm thinking of dropping as well.

You're thinking of dropping THAT many players?? Who do you think will be available to you to replace guys #5-#7?

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is now open!

I started up the league just now. An email was sent to the account you used to sign up for the league last year. The email contains a link that will allow you to join this year's league.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....dynasty_league

Send me a note if you have any problems joining the league.

Remember that your team name must be the same as your Redszone username that you use here.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    You're thinking of dropping THAT many players?? Who do you think will be available to you to replace guys #5-#7?
    if i told you, then you would pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is now open!

I started up the league just now. An email was sent to the account you used to sign up for the league last year. The email contains a link that will allow you to join this year's league.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....dynasty_league

Send me a note if you have any problems joining the league.

Remember that your team name must be the same as your Redszone username that you use here.

AD, can we vote on changing some scoring categories? I'm hating the BA category.

High five!

AD, can we vote on changing some scoring categories? I'm hating the BA category.
    I don't mind BA but I don't like:

*RBI
    *Pitching Wins
    *Saves

I'd prefer

*OBP and/or SLG and/or OPS and/or wOBA
    *BB allowed or maybe BB/9
    *HR allowed or maybe HR/9

We can consider changing some scoring categories if there is strong support for doing so. We had a long period at the end of the season where we discussed possible rules changes and we can do that again this year.

Changing the scoring categories would be a huge new direction for the league. I am guessing most people would not be in favor of drastically altering the league in that way. We all drafted our teams and made key decisions based on the standard 5x5 categories that are used in 99% of fantasy leagues. I don't think people would be too happy with shifting the foundation the league is built upon. But I could be wrong.

I call for a vote. I propose BA be replaced with OPS.

Would a simple majority sufice? 2/3's?

I also suggest we have one vote at a time. a category can be nominated. Once all have voted, then we can vote on additional nominations.

thoughts?
    Last edited by TRF; 02-10-2010 at 03:51 PM.

I call for a vote. I propose BA be replaced with OPS.

Would a simple majority sufice? 2/3's?

I also suggest we have one vote at a time. a category can be nominated. Once all have voted, then we can vote on additional nominations.

thoughts?
    I vote to keep the stats as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I vote to keep the stats as they are.
    I agree for now.

Obp would make more sense as a replacement for ba but whether it's obp or ops it would change the value of players that are already on teams. Dunn would be the extreme example of someone who would gain alot of value but other players would gain or lose value too.

To me a better idea might be to take a vote on whether a change is made to take effect next season. I know some might not want to wait a year for that kind of change but it would provide teams with time to adjust and prepare.

thoughts?
    I wouldn't have a problem with revisiting some things. There were discussions a couple months ago but I don't think everyone participated. But considering how much time we'd have to discuss things before the draft (3-4 weeks maybe?) it's hard to say how many things could be discussed sufficiently.

And even if we go with a 'majority rules' approach there's the possibility that any changes could make someone decide that they're not interested in staying in the league anymore. Normally, I'd take the view that the majority should be able to decide things and that it is up to the individual team owners to decide if they didn't want to stay. But in this case we could be left scrambling to find a replacement owner with not much time to do so. If an owner is busy with other things and isn't ready yet for the fantasy baseball season they could find that they're in a different league then what they thought. And accepting the first person to show interest in an open spot could be risky.

So, I guess I'm saying that if we are going to discuss things some thought should be put into how many topics to discuss, how much total time to allow for all of the discussion, and whether anyone would have strong objections to proposed changes.

Personally, discussion about any possible changes should happen in a keeper league. But there was already an attempt at that and at this point there's not alot of time left before the draft. So, IF there are going to be any discussions about possible changes I think they should end by March 1.

Turn Off Ads?