Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talker.COM Top 100

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Talker.COM Top 100

I think Rush and company are talented, but it's how they put the talent to use that turns people off, and this is probably what WOY is referring to.

Sure, it takes talent to keep people entertained, but when you are keeping a certain demographic fed with falsities that just flare their temper, I'd call that more cunning or diabolical than anything.

For me, talent is a word that should be used for positive things, not somebody who screens calls to provide fresh meat for a bunch of people on the fringe of society.

This list is sort of pointless, because it isn't a ranking of respectability.

If Glenn Beck is a top 5 talented radio personality, then we should redefine what the word talent should imply. This is more of a who is influential list, and being influential isn't necessarrily a good thing.

What the formula seems to be here is find a pleasant sounding, talented "radio" person, and then let him appeal to the worst society has to offer by taking that polish and shining up some crap to cram down people's throats who are begging to be fed.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-20-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lets keep the chatter relegated to media only remarks, not political viewpoints. Discuss the pol ramifications in the Peanut Gallery.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I will say this -

If Tom Leykis can still do radio, there is hope for everyone in this room.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Two Cincinnati based talkers and Lincoln Ware of the Buzz is listed ahead of the Great American. What is this world coming to?
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I will say this -

If Tom Leykis can still do radio, there is hope for everyone in this room.
    Actually, his L.A. Flagship station just dropped him along with the rest of their FM talk line-up to include Adam Corrolla.

Leykis is still getting a paycheck because CBS owes another 2 years on his contract.

Turn Off Ads?