Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Weirdest Favorite Album

Re: Weirdest Favorite Album

Les Cycle de Theodorakis by Nikitakis.

It's only "weird" for me, in that I've never made a point of listening to Greek music.

But, on occassion, I'll get obsessed with a song and play around with Rhapsody to listen to every version of said song.

I did this for Zorba the Greek and discovered Nikitakis' version. I liked it so much I listened to the whole album, all Theodorakis pieces, and its fantastic. Its like Greek meets Bluegrass meets superawesomeness.

At the risk of over-the-top effusiveness, this album is the kind of thing that makes you wonder what else you're missing.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Weirdest Favorite Album

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Isn't Klaatu the first word Bruce Campbell says to release the undead in Army of Darkness?
    Klaatu is the name of the alien in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', (The original anyway, I'm not sure about the remake,) and Klaatu Barada Nikto is the phrase that had to be spoken to the alien robot to stop him from destroying the earth.
    In 'Army of Darkness', Ash had to speak the phrase to retrieve the Necronimocon, but in true Ash fashion, couldn't remember it and so says, Klaatu ... Verada ... uh, necktie...uh Klaatu... Verada, N<cough, cough> to try to cheat, which of course, unleashes the Army of Darkness, the Deadites instead. Groovy, eh?

Oh, shoot. Weird favorite album.... David & David, Boomtown

Pick a habit, we got plenty to go around,
    Welco-ome, welcome to the boomtown,
    All that money makes such a succulent sou-ound,
    Welcome to the boomtown.
    Last edited by WebScorpion; 03-16-2009 at 12:45 PM.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Turn Off Ads?