Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Safari

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Apple Safari

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    lynx never crashes.
    And I'm sure it's still great over a 2400 baud connection.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

I rank the browsers in this order:

1. Firefox
    2. Chrome
    3. Opera
    4. Internet Explorer
    5. Safari

I find Safari to be very slow and it doesn't handle multi-media content well at all. It is also not very secure.

Firefox is by far the best browser in my opinion. It is fast, secure and handles everything. There are lots of great plugins too. Chrome is a fast, slim browser. The rest of them fall fall short in terms of performance and security.

The people that come to my websites still overwhelmingly use Internet Explorer. About 68% use IE, 25% use Firefox, 5% use Safari and the other 2% is divided up amongst the other browsers. I can't understand why anybody uses Internet Explorer these days. I guess they are just unaware of the alternatives.

There is a purpose for every tool. Lynx is awesome for cookie based online voting, where one doesn't want to write a custom voting app.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

The people that come to my websites still overwhelmingly use Internet Explorer. About 68% use IE, 25% use Firefox, 5% use Safari and the other 2% is divided up amongst the other browsers. I can't understand why anybody uses Internet Explorer these days. I guess they are just unaware of the alternatives.
    I had to take a computer class recently. The instructor was unaware of anything other than IE. I was fairly sure at that point I wasn't going to learn anything new.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Haunted by walks

It's hard to watch MLB TV on a lynx browser.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    It's hard to watch MLB TV on a lynx browser.
    Yeah. I think you need the Flash -> ASCII art plugin for that.

FF is not really fast to load, but it is secure. Chrome and Opera are lightning fast when loading, love both browsers. But as a developer, I tend to surf in FF or IE7/8 IE 6 is a piece of crap that should be erased from our collective consciousness.

For personal use, the beta of Chrome is fantastic.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Plus, from what I hear 90% of the mlb.tv games are blacked out. Lynx loads a black screen faster than any other browser hands down.

I got a call from a former coworker of mine who had adware issues. I told him to erase the IE8 icon from his desktop, set firefox or Chrome as his default and never speak of IE again. He never heard of FF and kept calling it "Foxfire".

Firefox needs a better marketing campaign and talk to OEM vendors to get their browser installed on the OS at the manufacturing level. Firefox has plenty of cash on hand but what do I know?

Foxfire does, however, rock too:

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

There's a new public beta of Safari 4 out today for those who like to try new software.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?