Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Returning Next Week

Re: Tiger Returning Next Week

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't think he has the endurance to play 18, 18, 36, 36 in 4 straight days. That is why I was a little surprised to see him come back this week.

You really think he hasn't done that already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah, redhook, you must not like golf. If you only knew what it was like being one of the unnamed golfers grinding it out, then you'd get it.
    I'm not here to put words in anyones mouth but if you say "golf is back" then it would seem to me you care more about Tiger Woods than you do the game itself. But to be clear, my comments were in general terms and not about any poster.

I personally don't think the game went anywhere. Majors were still played, a Fed Ex champ was crowned and the Ryder Cup was as good as ever. All without Tiger. This event will now carry on without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You really think he hasn't done that already?
    I would bet that Tiger has yet to play more than 18 holes of golf in a single day. I am sure he has worn out the range at Isleworth but I don't think he is leaving the house and telling Elin he'll be back after he gets 36 in. No way. Tiger doesn't gain anything by playing his home course all day. He is working on the green, working on his short game, hitting the range, lifting, etc, etc. He isn't out playing 36 holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I'm not here to put words in anyones mouth but if you say "golf is back" then it would seem to me you care more about Tiger Woods than you do the game itself. But to be clear, my comments were in general terms and not about any poster.

I personally don't think the game went anywhere. Majors were still played, a Fed Ex champ was crowned and the Ryder Cup was as good as ever. All without Tiger. This event will now carry on without him.
    I didn't take offense to your comment and find your statements interesting.

Razor was joking though. He knows part of my story. I'm a golf pro. I make my living on the game. I obviously love the game and was half-joking when I said Tiger is back. I am excited he is back though. To me, he makes the game more interesting to watch. Heck, I would hope that most people would rather watch Tiger play and some schmo like myself.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Who else was watching the Arnie Invitational? I was looking forward to watching basketball and golf, but I'll admit that I pretty much stuck to golf. Tiger is too much fun to watch. It was awesome to see him sink that put on 18 to win it, again.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

saw it as well, just to much drama to turn back to the BBall game, he knew the ball was going in halfway thru the putt, amazing.

He's baaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

I was impressed with the way Tiger kept grinding, shooting a 67 to put himself in position to tie. It was a great effort on his part for sure, but the most amazing thing to me is the automatic failure rate of the guys he is chasing. Tiger did the work to put himself there, but O'Hair did the rest of the work for him.

Watching O'Hair implode was tough, but the worst part was listening to Johnny Miller, Smartest Man on Earth. Can't wait for the game to go back to CBS.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Wow. Just wow.

Tiger Woods may be the best clutch performer in sports.

Ugh! My DVR was set and it ran over the time (I always set it longer, but didn't this time). It cut after the birdie on 15. I missed the last 3 holes.

Let's see, he's in the top 10 in his first stroke play tourney after being off 9 months, and not even being able to swing for most of that time, and he wins in his second one. Just ridiculous. The scary part is, he's most likely better now than he's ever been with a healthy knee (assuming his knee holds up). His short game is improved as that's all he could do for a while. Could be an amazing couple of years.

I'll go on record as saying he wins 4 in the next two years. I'd like to say he'll win 4 of next 5 or 6, and that would not at all surprise me, but you just can't predict that, not even for Tiger. I'm comfortable saying 4 of 8.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Did anyone catch his daily workout schedule, it was ridiculous, weights, golf, weights, golf, 9 rounds before lunch, weights, golf, weights, golf on and on all day, my goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Did anyone catch his daily workout schedule, it was ridiculous, weights, golf, weights, golf, 9 rounds before lunch, weights, golf, weights, golf on and on all day, my goodness.
    It's just golf. No big deal.

Believe it or not, his average day is similar to the girl I caddied for on the LPGA Tour. She's Korean and she worked her tail off. Almost all the Koreans do. It's amazing. 12+ hour days are the standard. It wore me out.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    It's just golf. No big deal.
    If you listen to Johnny Miller, golf is grueling. A contact sport.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    If you listen to Johnny Miller, golf is grueling. A contact sport.
    It actually is for him when he plays now. His chipping yips make the ball "contact" a lot of people in the crowd.

Turn Off Ads?