Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New video scoreboard

New video scoreboard

Looks like they've got the new scoreboard up and running. I was looking out the window from my office yesterday and noticed the scoreboard cycling through some colors. It was at it again today before lunch and at some point it switched to a video of the American flag.

I snapped a picture with my iphone, so I apologize that the quality isn't that great.

It looks really nice. I am still not sure what they are going to be putting on either side of it. Anyone know?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New video scoreboard

Personally I would rather them to put the scoreboard money into the team. The old scoreboard was only 6 years old. The scoreboard in Riverfront was 32 years old.

The fans who get excited and go to a game just to see the scoreboard are really sad.

When or if the Reds get their ''stuff'' together and put a good team on the field, then I will get excited. I won't drink the Kool Aid over a scoreboard!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    Personally I would rather them to put the scoreboard money into the team. The old scoreboard was only 6 years old. The scoreboard in Riverfront was 32 years old.

The fans who get excited and go to a game just to see the scoreboard are really sad.

When or if the Reds get their ''stuff'' together and put a good team on the field, then I will get excited. I won't drink the Kool Aid over a scoreboard!
    I heard someone from the Reds front office mention on WLW that they replaced it because the company that manufactured it is no longer around. They haven't had any hardware or software support for the board in quite some time.

^ i agree, hell, the last few years the Reds should have tried to make the scoreboard smaller and less visible
    More importantly, Justin, awesome to have that view of the stadium from your office!!!! My window overlooks a dumpster behind the grocery store parking lot with a bum squatting one out....
    Last edited by bounty37h; 02-24-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Very cool picture. Thanks for sharing. I had totally forgetten they were even doing this.

looking at that picture is like looking down on heaven.

Yeah, I must say the view is one of the best perks of my job.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan74 View Post
    I heard someone from the Reds front office mention on WLW that they replaced it because the company that manufactured it is no longer around. They haven't had any hardware or software support for the board in quite some time.
    They haven't had any hardware or software support for the field in quite some time either

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Thats a great picture!
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Typical Bowden getting the old scoreboard on the cheap side from a company going out of business.

I have a feeling the left and right side of the new scoreboard will be used for advertisment but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by robmadden1; 02-24-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    I have a feeling the left and right side of the new scoreboard will be used for advertisment but I could be wrong.
    That is kinda what I was assuming but I wasn't sure. Imagine how nice that scoreboard would look if it stretched the entire width of the frame?

I just can't get over how similar the exterior of the park is to Cinergy Field.

What's up with the left field upper deck seats? Is that the light hitting them awkwardly or did they paint some red?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    What's up with the left field upper deck seats? Is that the light hitting them awkwardly or did they paint some red?
    Funny lighting. The camera on the iphone isn't very good at all. It's only 2 megapixels and there is no zoom.

Is the clock still thier above the scoreboard? Looks like it is but hard to tell.

Turn Off Ads?